Author Topic: York County coyotes  (Read 1931 times)

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
York County coyotes
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has advice on hunting coyotes in york. I have called them in already with a verminator tweety mouth call. I never acctually got a good shot at one yet but have missed once. I have tried howlers at night and have gotten responses on several occasions with the primos hot dog howler. I know that there are several other people that try to hunt them in my area but don't know of anyone who uses howlers. I have heard that doing female invitation howls and challenge howls at this time of the year will work on more educated yotes, but idt that there are large populations of the dogs in my area and was wondering if howlers will only work in places where there is a larger population.

uncle buck

Re: York County coyotes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
Coyote vocalization done on any kind of open reed call will call in coyotes.. You don't need a howler... even the Crit-R-Call Standard can do excellent coyote talk.. One of my most favorite for all around coyote calling is the Crit-R-Call Song Dog Jr...I like that call so much that I even keep a spare put up should I lose the one I use all the time...  Coyote vocalization will work on one dog or a pack of dogs....   

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
thanks a lot. ill deffinatly have to look into it. will a regular locator howl bring them in or do you have to do others such as challenge and female invitation howls?

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »
A regular howl...2 each done on a open reed call like a Standard  Crit-R-Call  is deadly right now...  Interrogation Howls on all electronics is also deadly now..

www.critrcall.com

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »
ok thanks