Author Topic: WOW 1250 lumes light  (Read 9621 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: WOW 1250 lumes light
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 11:12:01 AM »
UB, Might be good for a shotgun mount.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »
I am more interested in the 1250 lumes light results. The 900 lumes is great for spotting eyes as a scanning light but not enough to ID animal at some distance. All other info above is just to help you guys save money if possible. Use it as you want.

this is what I am trying to figure out.  I have a light rated at 230 lumens and can see to 300 yds through a scope and tell what and animal is.  that's why I think these numbers are bogus.  of course it could be because of difference in our eyes as well.  I just can't see how a 900 lumen light isn't enough to id animals at realistic hunting distances.  what range are you shooting at night to need such a bright light?  I mean buckwheat makes shots at 200+yds with a kill light 250 and it is only 350 lumens I believe.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:18:25 AM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »
I personally will not shoot over 150 yards. I would rather it be less. Most of our hunting here is brush country not big open fields like you guys have out east. Old Eyes. LOL
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:31:21 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »
I personally will not shoot over 150 yards. I would rather it be less. Most of our hunting here is brush country not big open fields like you guys have out east. Old Eyes. LOL

Thats what i am saying.  I even have crappy optics compared to some of the scopes I know ya got.  I just wonder how they test their output?  I do know that the reflector makes a big difference as well. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »
I guess its like a 4 power vs a 14 power scope. You can hit what you can't see clearly.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
Bigben
That is what makes the side by side test necessary,  I am going to wait and see what the end results are. I might not need more light then I have, but if there is a light better then I have I am interested. But for now I am just watching all the lights out there. With the LEDs being new who knows were the industry might make things better. I think we are just seeing the beginning of a light type change in the industry. There are some great and new LED products for predator and coon hunters already. What will the lights look like two years from now?
o-yea, I like to take them long and close. Depends on the critter and my mood. ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:59:36 AM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
Believe me if the lights suck i'll tell you. I am just trying to get away from the lightforce lights. To many wires and huge battery. I have had nothing but problems with the lightforce lights. Great light but problems with wires and other parts not working.

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
Someone on Predator Masters found the same exact light as the Kill Light for 30 bucks.  Saw the posts about a week ago.  The Kill Lights are going to need to come down in price if they are going to compete in the light market.  Capitalism at work I guess. 

Any chance you may have a link to this post? I tried to find it but had no luck

Ryan.
District 4

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »
ryan,

the removed the post over on PM. 

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
ryan,

the removed the post over on PM. 

That explains why I couldn't find it, thanks bud.

Ryan.
District 4

uncle buck

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »
You have heard of GAS WARS!!!Probably going to be Killight Wars AKA equal To Kill Light Wars on the horizon????

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
UB funny. It really comes down to the power of the internet today when buying products. Since most products are comming out of China tons of people carry the same item and try to make  profits from the items. A smart shopper won't let this happen.  I see the key to buying hunting lights today is the new LED bulbs and amount of Lumes the light has.