Author Topic: Coyote sounds  (Read 2305 times)

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote sounds
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »
I was looking to get some more coyote sounds on my FoxPro what sounds do you guys use for yotes.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Coyote sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
JS Yellow Hammer
Coy/Wolf - Dont know who makes it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
+1 on the yellowhammer from JS also the meadowlark distress is a good one too as far as actual coyote vocals...theyre best done with a mouth blown howler IMO

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
Thanks guys
Rick Comport

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »
What do you guys think about the Randy Anderson yote sounds. I'm still trying to get the knack of a howler. Till then gonna use the Foxpro
Rick Comport

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
randy anderson has some great coyote sounds. 

as far as coyote sounds for the foxpro.  i have had success with grey fox pup, coyote lone howl, female coyote challenge, and hurt coyote pup. 

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
The Coywolf Howl with Barks is probably a Johnny Stewart sound...It comes on Cassette, CD, and Preymaster module..  I know people have killed coyotes with this sound within minutes after activating it.  Also use to be a seasoned coyote hunter I knew that hunted in Sproul area of Pa..  He bragged on it all the time too..

I have called in coyotes with the Randy  Anderson sounds on the Powerdogg... See when he says it the challenge it the challenge when he says it's the female invitation howl that's what it is..

If I was going to get sounds from Foxpro and I have them.. They do call coyotes too:

Interrogation
Coyote Pup Distress
Female Invitation Howl
Coyote Challenge
Hurt Coyote or KIYI

The above 5 Foxpro sounds will call in coyotes..