Author Topic: first fox  (Read 2145 times)

Offline ysp1503

• Junior Forum Member
first fox
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:19:53 PM »
Took my youngest son fox hunting about a month ago and called one in to about 20 yards, he had the gun up but never shot and the fox turned an ran away. i asked him why he didnt shoot an he said he was to excited kinda like buck fever i guess. Very next night called in another one for him to about 20 yards he had the gun up and i kept thinkin shoot zack and it seemed like forever, but just as fox was gonna turn an git outta there he shot and he dropped on the spot!! Next weekend called him in a coon and he got that and the following weekend called him in another red, he shot him but it ran about 100 yards. When i skinned that one he only had 3 shot in him so he was lucky to get that one! I think he's gonna be ok now that he has a couple under his belt! here's a pic of number 1. I hope the pic gets on but i never posted a pic before.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: first fox
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
That's Awesome! I don't want my son (4yrs old) to grow up to fast but I would love to have a hunting buddy. What call did you use on those reds?
FayetteNam

Offline ysp1503

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »
I was using an olt #33. Was always my favorite closed reed call and i lost it somewhere last week! guess I'm gonna have to get on E-bay.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
congrats on putting fur in front of your son... 

I was using an olt #33. Was always my favorite closed reed call and i lost it somewhere last week! guess I'm gonna have to get on E-bay.

if you're hunting where there are bear around watch your back as that Olt makes a good fawn distress call...   remember,  when you step outta the truck you become part of the food chain...  ;D
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline ysp1503

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »
now there's a scary thought ;D

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 10:32:34 AM »
just something to keep in mind...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...