Author Topic: The 17 Horrnet  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
The 17 Horrnet
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »
I read some info. But really would want to know more about the 17Horrnet, stopped at allot of gun shops, not to many people knew much about it, or when it was going to come out. Like to Know more Info.
 How many will buy one when it does come out?    I know for myself, I would buy one  if Rem.  came out with it's own..... So far I heard just Savage..
It is, What it Is.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The 17 Horrnet
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:49:04 PM »
I did some inquiring on the savage 17 hornet which will be available in the model 25.I was told that one fellow had placed an order for the 22 hornet in that model and a year later has not received it yet.I know someone else that ordered the same thing and has waited several months and still no gun and that was paid in full.They better get their act together.

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »
Odds are they will make a small run and see how they sell.  Us normal folks will be waiting a bit.  Although I did read they have the dies and brass available.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
I hope to buy one to try as soon as they come out. Unless I purchase a cabin with 6 acres that I looked at yesterday....no more gun buying for me then for a long time...I might have to sell a few extra predator rifles then...if I do I will put them up for sale on here first.  I have a gun weakness...seems like I need to have a gun of almost every caliber to try for myself and then decide what I want to keep. I used to use a 204 and 223 exclusively but this winter have been using a 17 fireball in Remington seven predator. I might be selling it this spring...kind of depends on what I do with this property I looked at.

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
coyotenightmare, let me know about the 17 Fire ball, Thanks guys for the Info. on the 17 Hornet, at lest there is dies, but what good does that do if you can't get the gun right, lol :o  well I would like to see the results of the Balistics, bench testing and field test, before I give up the Bucks,,, $$$ , again I am a Rem. person 20 yrs Army carried a Rem. 700 308 for alot of the time.. any one hear of a mag. that got anything posted about any test on that 17 Hornet give a post Thank You Guys for the Info.
It is, What it Is.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 01:33:30 AM »
Here is some ballistic info and stats on the 17 Hornet.. It might help you..
http://www.hornady.com/store/Superformance-Varmint-NewAmmo

I do have a 17 Fireball and also I have the 17 Rem...   I truly like both of the calibers. They will rip if you hit the fox in the wrong spot.. such as the spine or the head.. But you want to shoot them in the chest or the shoulder...

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:17:43 AM »
Thank You   Uncle Buck
It is, What it Is.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:38:17 PM »
I am very happy with my 17 Fireball as long as I don't hit the spine.