Author Topic: The 10 Gauge  (Read 4175 times)

uncle buck

The 10 Gauge
« on: February 23, 2015, 01:06:01 AM »
I always got a kick out of Gerry Blair articles.. He had a 10 Gauge semiautomatic Ithaca and he called it Moose  D I C K! often wanted a 10 gauge Semiautomatic shotgun.. Even looked at a Browning BPS 10 gauge once...Thing should have been on wheels...  The neat thing is that now you can get  10 gauge Deadcoyote ammo for the  10 gauge.. it comes in T shot of course but it also comes in  # 4 buckshot...

Years back... There it was on the shelf....a Moose D I C K that I could afford...  a NEF 10 gauge single shot break open shotgun...Price $129.00.  I purchased it!  I do use the Deadcoyote # 4 Buckshot in it.. I also have BB and #4 shot loads for it too...The BB loads are Bismuth loads too...

I usually will take it if I'm doing the calling and my shooters are using rifles and or shotguns.. Space is limited in the Foxmobile... a Saturn SL2... What a vehicle.. Not saying that it won't get stuck.. gessssh it almost did in the mud the first day of gun season for deer this year.. However some quick thinking I got her out of the mud... So I do use the single shot 10 gauge when the gun area starts to get so confined that I really don't want to mess with placing one of my Encores or the SBE 11 with all the other firearms the other shooters are using... Figure both shooters use shooting rest and you do need room for shooting supplies and calling supplies to.  electronics etc.. So I do like to use the 10 gauge single shot for situations like that..

However she not only kicks like a mule ... She kicks like a mule that has an attitude too..

A few months back I saw one of the members on here had a  10 Gauge Rem semiautomatic for sale.. I wished I had the coin to buy it but I didn't. however I do like my cheap NEF 10 gauge turkey gun... Sorry Gerry.. I had to do it... I also named mine Moose D I C K!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The 10 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D UB you should have named it MULE. ??? ??? ??? I have a Remington SP10 and love it, kick? NAH...you don't notice it when the geese are falling.. 8) 8) 8) I would not part with mine, it is one great shotgun  ;) ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
Goose it could be Donkey too!! How does anyone ever carry the Browning BPS into the woods.. Got to be for in the duck blind.. I know that what it be for ....The duck blind not woodcock hunting in New England...

I guess we will have all kinds of stories to tell for all that make the March  7 breakfast... Now I want you all to know come there with stories that I don't have to go out to the vehicle and get my chest waders!!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »
One of the ex presidents of PPHA was going to sell his semiautomatic 10 a few months back.. I should have purchased it... he lives in Juanita county.. can't remember his handle here just now..

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »
That ex President is Fred! 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D A memory is a terrible think to waste.... ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »
I don't believe we ever had a president named Fred
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »
I'm sure his name is Fred. He sold rubber fishing lures and did seminars. Could be wrong.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
Tom ?... he lived up in Hartleton, Union county...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »
You are thinking of Tom Purves, and he's still a member. Ask your brother.
Tom was president and still sells lures.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:32:02 PM by dreamcatcher »
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »
You are thinking of Tom Purves, and he's still a member. Ask your brother.
Tom was president and still sells lures.
yes that who it was! Thanks Dreamcatcher!