Author Topic: The Spitfire Remote Operation Distance?  (Read 1775 times)

uncle buck

The Spitfire Remote Operation Distance?
« on: January 06, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
How far when hung in a bush or tree or extended off the ground will a Spitfire remote activate the caller?

I was in Dicks Sporting Goods yesterday...Looked at the Spitfire...Wow......The sounds on there when purchased in stores... Someone did their homework when loading the store loaded Spitfires with the applicable  sounds....

I know this....The Powerdogg ........has 4  AA batteries.....That is why it will not work 250 yards like the Fury or the FX5...
However by placing the Powerdogg in a bush or elevating if off the ground...I am getting remarkable distance with the remote..
If this is the case with the Spitfire... Then Wow $199.00 is an outstanding deal...

Again was truly impressed with the homework someone did on the Spitfire sound choices already loaded.....
There I am with it in my hand and the Mrs...even saying if you want she did not have any problem with me getting it..
see that is why I have been married for well over 38 + years we communicate about things.  LOL LOL

Of course do you know how many electronic callers I already have?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The Spitfire Remote Operation Distance?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:15:25 PM »
100 yards

uncle buck

Re: The Spitfire Remote Operation Distance?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
Good and Bad I guess?  If you hunt where I hunt and set ups can be made within the 100 yard distance.. Also hang it and you will get it to operate farther..Then first time callers in most parts of heavy wooded and small farms of Pa the Spitfire is good.. How can I cut it down when the Powerdogg runs about the same distance but still is an outstanding caller..

Now if you go way out West in the wide open plains outside of Pa.  Um one just might need the Foxpro Prarie Buster?

Foxpro Prarie Buster's?  How Much and How Far Will They Operate?