Predator Hunting > Predator Biology

Your Scent From A Bloodhound

(1/5) > >>

uncle buck:
From April 2009 Readers Digest:

Sorry, but if your"re on the run from one of these, enjoy your freedom while it lasts. Your scent can be tracked through shed skin cells and even exhaled breath, according to Jack Shuler, Author of Training the Mantrailing Bloodhound.  Therefore, changing clothes, crossing water, or using scent masking products will not deter a well trained bloodhound.. 

My comments: 

An Hunters want to use cover scent when hunting coyotes... No wonder so many of us are busted by coyotes when they make their arc down wind of our position....
Yep maybe just maybe the Misting compound of rabbit, red fox, coon, coyote urines intermingled with rotten eggs just might confuse the Eastern Coyote a bit.
As you know that is what misting does to their brain cells confuses them a bit....
However I no longer use red fox cover scent when hunting predators since it's just something else I have to deal with and I think it does not help... 
Now other stinky things? yep I think that might help because coyotes just might be a bit curious....
So next hunt since you might have bad breath... Brush your teeth and dental floss!!!!   

Trophiesonly:
UB, i have had yotes 15 yards downwind.

I use homemade colloidal silver,with no sent,just silver and distilled water.

Here is primos brands
http://www.primos.com/silverxp/

Also i wear a bees keepers net sprayed with the silver.
To catch those skin cells.

here is my silver maker setup.a plastic mayonaise jar.

2 holes a inch apart in the top for the silver rods to go down into the distilled water,

how to make the silver.

a dc power source is needed,9volt or 12.or bigger.

like a cordless drill charger,etc.

Cut the plug off put 2 wire clips on the ends.

This takes about 10 minutes.

Get 2 silver bars at a coin shop 999 silver

they will cost you 6 to 10 dollars,and last a lifetime or you can get .9999 silver here 1 foot for 10 dollars.

http://www.ccsilver.com/silver/superfines.html#four
This will also last a long time.

all parts will cost you about 20 dollars new.
but many have the parts needed laying around the house.
After putting it together,it only costs the price of a jug of distilled water.70 cents.

i have about 150 gallons on mine and they are nearly as i bought them.

Here is the instructions.

http://www.lightawtcher.com/makingcolloidalsilver/make_silver_generator3.htm

uncle buck:
Thank you for sharing you info for everyone.... Interesting.....

I know I do well when hunting deer and coyotes when I take a shower with Baking Soda...Must not only neutralize the baceria on your body but also take away the dead skin for awhile....

Reason they allow Bloodhounds to smell the clothing... Looks like they are getting a wiff of the dead skin...

Also as you all know....Neat country song out there called "Old Red"  Listen to it on the country channel.... About a bloodhound.

Trophiesonly...Yep one thing to call them in...Some people can't even do that... However once they come in they get in direct line with the sound source.  If your in line with that it's over.  Often think about all the callers who call in coyotes but have yet to see their efforts because they get busted on the downwind and when the arc is made by the coyote..

George Ackley:
uncle buck
whats your thought on how wide the ''ARC'' could be

it's funny you should say that its been on my mined since the new year , just how big of a arc or just how far will they go to down wind yea ..and how can we use it to harvested there fur

I have been seeing some very interesting things.  started to wrighting my thought down on just how far i think they will go to get wind and feel safe but lost interest..

misting works but there is a better smelling way to kill our big eastern

uncle buck:
George I was hunting a large farm this year.  It was night hunting...I saw the coyote get in line with my Powerdogg speaker at about the 250 yard mark....Now I am starting to break the code on how just to get a shot at these critters when they make the arc.

Problem is many times when you hunt with many people  all it takes is one person to do the wrong thing..Easier to do the wrong thing then the right thing in life .....Always!!!!!

I have called in so many coyotes for people already in Pa...Sometimes they just look at them.. Sometimes they are playing with their light,  sometimes they move from where I tell them to post...coyote the  shows up right where I thought they would be and they are not there to shoot them.

Yes most times they always get in line with the speaker.. One has to make sure that they set up on the correct side of the arc...If you could tell by rocks, barn, ranch house that they can't make their arc on that side... That is the side for the shooter and or you if your using a caller with remote to post cross wind of the direct line of the speaker or the person doing the calling....

You have to learn to choose the weapon based the land your hunting on.... Big farms or wide open acreage...Best to use a rifle even at night time...
Small acre farm or deep woods might be best to set up with a shotgun and use Hevishot or Deadcoyote T shot for over 50 yard shots .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version