Author Topic: Cable Restraints and the coyote..  (Read 2425 times)

uncle buck

Cable Restraints and the coyote..
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:27:10 PM »
Just seems that when I set cable restraints in the woods and in tree lines that when I get the coyotes... I put the restraints along the fields I get fox.  You have to make sure you woods sets however give them room so they don't hang themselves of course.. .Just your basic things you learned in CR School...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Cable Restraints and the coyote..
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 05:02:57 AM »
Uncle Buck, recently you stated that you are calling in more Coyotes this season.

In turn, will you be setting more CR specific locations for Coyotes?
What size loop and how far from the ground for Coyote? and for Fox?
or Do you set same loop, distance from ground for both?
Do you pre-bait or use bait piles for your CR locations?

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
No I don't bait at all.. When I tried lure and or bait in the areas it proved negative... Yes I have permission on the two farms that I have been calling on to use restraints... I will set them at the height that will be for coyotes ... I have yet to call any fox on these farms this year.. MO...no reds but am calling in coyotes.. Sad on farm with a lot of deer.. Of course that why coyotes are there... I called one in right into shotgun range it sits down and you know me... Always trying all kind of things.. I put one of E W older Carnivore lights on the Benelli and when I shouldered it the coyote was just a blur... Then he takes off.. LOL LOL  Sadly when I was using the FP FX5 they would only talk to me....LOL  That Primos Alpha Dogg they respond to that if I'm hunting alone.. Of course if I'm hunting with someone I always do the calling and all I hear is the bang.. LOL

I learned real fast to make sure I don't make the loop real big.. You start to even catch the coyotes in the middle of the torso and not around the head... Also everyone best check their restraints for coyotes every  24 hours and not  36... Also seems like I get them around just at day break too.. UM not much of a ring... I have set them mainly for fox however now that I know that coyotes are there and no fox I will again set them a bit larger and higher up off the ground..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:04:21 AM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
where I do well on both is when there is a small pond with trails leading up and down.. Obvious I just set them on the trails.. Everyone got to drink water...