Author Topic: Who's getting ready?  (Read 9795 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Who's getting ready?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Lil Goose claimed the new Mossy Patriot in 22-250  ::) ::) ::) so now I'll be working up a new Ruger American Predator in 233... :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »
Is that similar to the 223 ??
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
22-250 is a longer distance shooter, flat and fast.. :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 04:28:24 PM »
Just neer heard of a 233
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 07:14:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Fat fingers, that's my story and I'm stickin to it  :o :o :o :o Just remember I was trained by jaspr1   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) it's all his fault  :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
Rockfish, Dutch has MB's ahoy in his shop.
He has been to a few rendezvous' lately and selling, so he probably will restock soon.
Saturday, Sept. 19th, Dutch has 'customer appreciation day' at his Lake property. He calls it 'Dutch Day'. Free Food, drinks and demos. Always a good time.
Dutch is 75 years old and still going.

I stopped at his shop when I was there, he was in NY at the NTA show, but his daughter took us in to look for stuff I had on my list... didn't see anything but Dukes, and that's all he lists in his catalog... not saying he don't carry MB but, this is just what I saw from my visit... was really headed to the County Line diner in Richfield for lunch and just stopped on a spur of the moment whim... Jerry is where I do most all of my dealings and what he doesn't have I get through FnT...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
I like the County Line Diner. Good Food.
If Dutch was at the NTA National Rendezvous, then he took the MB's with him to sell. He was selling MB's at the Pa. Rendezvous in June.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »
I finally got the setters in for the MB650's... all I can say is they are slicker then a snot covered doorknob... they are very easy to operate and control them big old traps handily... really looking forward to this season and setting up... I picked up a small property locally that has a mess of cats and coyote on it... backs up to 800+ acres of game preserve... should be a great spot...

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
Yeah glad to see you're getting into trapping down there. I believe you have a lot of bobcats and grey fox down there for sure. Be interesting to see how you make out. Often wonder what it would be like the traffic down there or call coyotes.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
Rockfish...When I went to big iron, it was sorta like learning to make a set, a new experience for me with big traps.
I would suggest...before the season, make several test sets in the backyard.
This will give you a better understanding how big a trap bed is needed and give you a feel using big iron.
My best to you.

Buckwheat, eastern N.C. has a lot of remote tracks of land. Years ago, Brother-in-Law & I called Reds and Greys for photography purpose near Grimesland & Aden. We also hunted Arrow Heads in some fields and found some neat points.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
thanks Hern for the advice, I will do that...  our trapping season doesn't open till the 1st of Dec so I have plenty of time to work everything out...

Ernie yes we do have plenty of cats, a few greys and even fewer reds... coyotes are scattered and move around a lot... with the military here we have some pressure on the coyotes from hunters out west looking to stay in the game plus the local hunters... they are tough to call after the young of the year get smartened up...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Well Lil Goose ordered his scope and it came in..Redfield Revenge 6-18X44.... :( :( :( Me not happy, mounted scope and started to bore sight....elevation knob works fine, right/left went two clicks and stopped... :P :P :P :P needless to say he is taking it back to the store to see if they will do anything about it or if we will hafta ship it back!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I've never had a good experience with Redfield old or now new.
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
did you get the scope issues resolved?...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »
Yea, it's all dialed in...guys at the store thought I was nutz  :P :P :P but what else is new  ::) ::) ::) Lifetime warranty so I kept the box as I still think it's not right but Lil Goose thinks it's OK... :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 12:50:06 AM »
never have owned a Redfield, never wanted to... I like the Bushnell Trophy series, got'em on several of the block guns,  and on the 17 Hornet up to and including the 375 H&H and 45-70... never have I tore one up... got a Mueller 4X16 on the 22 KHornet for night shooting and another on the BushMaster Varminter 5.56X43, again a possible night shooter... 

good luck with it, hope it works well for you...  do you know what twist barrel you have on that 22-250?... 1-14 will stabilize a 55gr no problem, if you have a 1-12 or faster you can go heavier... my T/C 22 cals all have 1-12 twist and shoot 65's very well... makes a nice deer shooter...

was going through the MB 650's setting the pan tension and found the tab on one of them was to short and wouldn't hold the jaw down when I tried to set it... a quick call to MB and explained it to a nice young fellow who took my name and address and had a new jaw in the mail in a flash, it arrived Wednesday... now to disassemble it and try to get it back together properly... this should be fun... the good part of it is the traps bolt together so there's no bending or welding needed...

I shall report back with a detailed analysis on the proceedings...