Predator Hunting > Gear Bag

Sometimes sounds that seem not logical call the critters..

(1/3) > >>

uncle buck:
I have this sound that I have been using for a long time now... I make it on an open reed call.. The type of open reed doesn't matter.. However seems like most times I use an RR open reed , or the Crit R Call Peewee, Standard, and or the Song Dog Jr... The sound is my go to sound if nothing is working and it will call in in fox and coyotes.. So what i'm really saying on here is to experiment and make different sounds out there and combo sounds that have two or more sounds incorporated in the sounds...  I am a firm believer that predators get to hear the same electronic caller sounds and they get use to them and won't come in or they go down wind and bark and bust you... Just say 999 predator hunters in Cumberland county have 999 Spitfires with the same rabbit sound on it...Someone called in a coyote and or fox got busted now you used that sound and all of a sudden your hear that BARK.. They know your not a 179 pound cottontail rabbit.. So from time to time use unique mouth calling and don't ever get rid of all your electronic callers or cassettes or CD's. If things get dry for you try one of your other electronic callers or try a unique sound.. If you see a open reed elk call.. Wow use that as a predator call too.. Make that baby sing.. Now buy these things ... Elk open reed calls when they are on clearance.. Stick to open reed of course and make that elk call talk rabbit. bird, fieldmouse,  and or canine distress...

Misterjake23:
UB   I use a howler sometimes as a bird call.  It's an open reed call but makes a great bird sound when you adjust it just right in your mouth

Pa Goosehntr:
Hmmm Jake and UB up at 0130.... ??? ??? ???...both must be sleepless in Pa... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

coyotejohn:
Years ago while hunting the desert area I accidentally punched in the elk bugle call and had a coyote respond, they also responded to the cow elk bleat and bull grunts.  Curiosity killed the cat and in this case also coyotes. 

Misterjake23:
I'm a firm believer that more predators respond out of curiosity verses hunger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version