Author Topic: More Good Times And Good Friends  (Read 1192 times)

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
More Good Times And Good Friends
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:05 AM »
A good friend and member of WTVH,Paul came over today to go and do a little day hunting. We headed out after lunch to a ranch that Paul hunts on. When we got there I seen that it was a lot dryer than the last time we were there. The drought has been hard on us here. Plus we saw a lot of dead cows that the drought didn't help. Some hadn't been dead for to many days. We road for awhile checking water holes for signs. Not to many coyote tracks were seen today. We checked out the dry lake bed but nothing was moving at that time. Late that afternoon we came up on some dead cows. As we were driving Paul stop the truck and said "there's a coyote"! As I was looking for the coyote I was moving my rifle up to my shoulder. I found him on the other side of a bush. Just a few yards away from a dead cow he must have been eating on. He was looking right at us. I was looking for a hole in the bush to shoot through. I found one and from my Rem 700 I let a 45 gr JHP 223 Rem go. And in just over 100 yards and through the bush the bullet found it's mark.

So Paul and I got back in the truck and headed on down the road. A little ways down from where the first coyote was taken. I heard a calf crying for it's mom. I asked Paul to stop cause I saw something. I checked closer and could see it was the calf. He was the same color as a coyote. We then start back down the road. When I saw a coyote running left of the pickup. Paul stop and I got out and put my scope up to my eye. He was running at a nice gallop. I barked at him with no response. So I put the cross hairs just in front of him so we he came to the spot that I picked I squeeze the 6 oz. trigger on my Rem 700 and turn the bullet loose. I lost the coyote when my scope jumped up. We didn't see him. Told Paul I would walk out and check and see if I had connected with him. When we got haft way there I saw him down but still moving. The bullet had went in his back and broke his back and came out and broke his left hind leg. I put him down and was glad that Paul and I went out to check on him. He would have had a long hard death.

It was a good day. Time spent was a good friend and did some hunting as well. Don't get much better than that my friends.

Thanks Paul I had a great time my friend.

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: More Good Times And Good Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 01:17:36 AM »
Sounds like you guys had one heck of a time!!! Nothing like layin down some yotys.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Good-time with friends, priceless. Gettin some coyotes bonus....ED

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting