Author Topic: the Callahan Cabin Kids icefishing Party  (Read 3351 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
the Callahan Cabin Kids icefishing Party
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:39:51 AM »
The party was set for last week but because of the threat of heavy snow we posponed the party to yesterday.  Jackie, Forrest, and myself went up to the cabin Friday durning the day to get things ready and the cabin warmed up.  We fished from about 4 p.m. to about 5:30 we ended up catching about 50 fish but all were small.  Back to the cabin for some warm dinner and a good nights sleep. 

Saturday morning we got up at 5:00 and got ready for the day, Forrest and myself went down to the pond to drill the holes and get ready for the kids and parents to show up.  we ended up having a small group with 7 adults and 5 kids.  We caught fish all morning.  I ended up with about 20 keepers of calico, gills, and perch, Forrest had about 10 to 15 keepers.  We went up the cabin for lunch and to get warm.  For some reason hamburgs and hotdogs on a charcoal grill taste so much better after a cold morning of icefishing.   went back out in the afternoon and I think we keep another 15 keepers of  gills.   Weather was cold and windy, the afternoon was really windy with gusts up to 20 to 25 mph.  all the boys did really good and had a great day on the ice fishing. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: the Callahan Cabin Kids icefishing Party
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »
Congrats on what must have been a great day!!!! ;)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
pic of the boys who were able to make it.  

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:47:18 AM by scott »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
Forrest with a nice Calico he invited back to dinner. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »
Sounds like a great time.  That would make for a great district event some day.  Congratulations Scott for keeping the youth entertained and outdoors......Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »
Outstanding!  Nice pictures and event..  Thanks for sharing...