Author Topic: what kind.....scope  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Ruger FL

what kind.....scope
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
I have a M77/22mag and i need to put a scope on it..what kind of scope do you 22mag shooters use? This scope will be used for night hunting.

Thanks for the info.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: what kind.....scope
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
3x9x40mm lighted FINE crosshair or lighted centerdot.You don't want a big dot or a big milldot crosshair.The finer the better.As far as brands you will get a lot of different answers on that.

Offline screamn in the nite

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
I have to agree with foxtrot. 3-9x40 is perfect for your situation. If you're using a red light for night hunting I would go with a green lighted reticle for the scope. Red crosshairs can be hard to see under certain situations with your red hunting light. Especialy if you've got older eyes like me   :o

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
I have tried Amber,Red and green and to be honest its a toss up for me.Just so its not to big and bright or it will wash out your sighting abilities.

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:38:30 PM »
so what brands are you guys using? i've alwasy used a plain jane recticle, and I think for my "new" gun it shall have a decent illuminated scope...whats ya'll using?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »
     Any good light gathering scope will work just fine.  With a good shoot light on the gun, a good light gathering scope will allow you to see and shoot just fine.  I use Leopold VX II MINIUM  or Zeiss Conquest.  Both are 3X9X40.   What ever you decide, always remember....you get what you pay for.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »
no offense but something cheaper than leopold or zeiss going to have to do in my wallet lol
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
I have a T/C scope off a 22/250 predator package gun,on my 17 hornet and it gathers a lot of light and the crosshairs are pretty nice for acquiring the target at night.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff