Author Topic: What constitutes shooting from a vehicle?  (Read 2519 times)

uncle buck

What constitutes shooting from a vehicle?
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
What constitutes shooting from a motor vehicle?  Would it be legal to shoot from the open bed of a pick up truck?   What made me think about this is:   Buckwheat shooting rest...I was really impressed with it... Now in Pa if it was legal to set that up in the back of the bed of a pick up truck and just sit in some of the large farm fields.. You would have height and a outstanding shooting platform... Um wonder if you pulled in a flat bed trailer behind the vehicle and set up on that with that rest? Could you shoot from a flat trailer attached to a vehicle?  Now don't get me wrong that rest would work anywhere.. Why you could go up higher in a field..rest is not heavy to carry, and you truly could pop fox from long ways off...   

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: What constitutes shooting from a vehicle?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
not sure if it is true or not but i heard of guys getting fined for laying a loaded gun in the back of a pickup. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:48:25 PM »
I would not advise it.  I have heard of a few people getting nailed for laying in the back of pickups hunting hogs in farm fields. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
I know a person with a disability permit can hunt out of the bed of a truck or shoot out the window.  I believe you have to be 25 yards off the road to hunt unless you have a disability permit.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:24:44 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:18:30 AM »
Foxpro51 is correct. You must have a disability permit to hunt in, on, or off of any vehicle.
President PPHA

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »
I knew a guy the only had one leg...He would sit in the back of a pickup truck in a chair..Blankets around him to keep him warm..He shot deer like this...His son would do all the leg work for him to put it in the truck there after...Of course he had the permit.  Wow that might be one heck of a blast if someone shot from the inside of the truck and out the window? Nice that people can still hunt even with being challenged...