Predator Hunting > Night Hunting

Shooting rests

(1/5) > >>

HDRoadking3058:
What does everyone use for a rifle rest when calling/hunting. I was looking at Caldwell's deadshot field pod, 5.5 lbs. not sure if I wanna lug it. Anyone else have one?

foxhound:
I don't use anything. A lot of guys use tripods or something similar to what you are looking at. I don't like lugging extra gear and my areas don't call for long shots,  so I don't worry too much about having a rock solid rest.

Bowman66:
We shoot off the Tri-X Stand that Buckwheat sells and its amazing to say the least. It cuts down on movement and your gun is always ready and rock solid. I used the Caldwell tri pod this summer and it didnt hold the gun as tight as i would have liked but it was good enough that my 8 yr old was killing ghogs at well over 200 yds.

Bigcat:
I was using a Harris bipod but it would get caught up when I had to move. I switched to a hs shooting sticks but after one night with the crunchy snow I ditched them. Maybe when the snows gone I will go back to the sticks but will never go back to the bipod for calling.

Misterjake23:
I've used the Caldwell shooting rests (Both the large one and the small one)  They are very cumbersome to shoot from.  They have too many adjustments in order to move your gun.  The smaller one is nice for sitting but not very stable.  A good wind can blow your gun over - literally !

I use the Tri X sold by Ernie Wilson (EWCalls).  I literally won't hunt without it.  I bought it to predator hunt but use it for ground hogs deer and even sighting in my rifle.  It's that stable.  You get what you pay for.  I wish I had the money back I spent on the Caldwell's and shooting sticks!!!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version