Author Topic: Think how hunting gear improved over the years?  (Read 1649 times)

uncle buck

Think how hunting gear improved over the years?
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »
Wow...I used a Gray wool Coat my dad gave me to hunt deer.  I put a red shotgun shell vest over it..The gray coat was the same color of the deer in the winter too... Then boots?  Small game I used those work shoes for my small game boot.  Then I used those green pull on duck boots too... Deer season......Ah the perfect deer hunting boot?  Black Buckle Pull Over Rubber Boots Over Those Same Small Game Work Shoes....

Actually the die hard hunters back then all use Woolrich hunting suits... They sure were not 20 mile cloth that's for sure but they did keep you warm...

I still use the old Woolrich hunting clothes and pants now to keep warm at time.. However I use a orange vest and orange hat of course. 
However I try to use the best hunting boots and I do have outstanding orange deer hunting clothes now that keep you warm..

I had a pair of White Corduroy pants... I asked my mom to dye them red.  She did that was my hunting pants...Street Corduroy dyed red..
Yep them where the days that's for sure.