Author Topic: trapping  (Read 1843 times)

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
trapping
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »
Did a little water trapping and picked up some coon-rats and 1 mink/Did anyone on here ever catch a grey fox in a cage trap?I just built a new off-grid cabin in potter co. and caught 1 last Sat. night.Now call me crazy but i left him go.I got to thinking there are hardly any around like years before and he,s running on my land and it,s good to know.Sunday night I opened my door to get a beer from my cooler and there was a grey fox(him-who knows)standing by my truck.No pics seeing as I don,t own a camera and have an old phone that might take pics but I can barely make and receive calls plus I,m not a picture person.I got a decent 8 point Tuesday but never take pics-just never did.We leave Jan. 23rd for our trip to Alaska for marten and otter and I,ll try to have my friend post a pic or two as he,ll be taking lots of pics I,m sure.good luck afield this year and have fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lloyd  p/s I saw a bunch of tracks in the snow on my land that I think were fisher.I have a bunch of squirrels around and a lot of the tracks seemed to be near the hemlocks where the squirrels hang.Kinda looked like big mink tracks.

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: trapping
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »
Good luck with your trapping!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: trapping
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »
I caught 2 Greys, over the years, in cage traps. Was after Raccoon, Greys were by accident. Both caught on mini marshmallows.
Skun both of 'em.

Best of Luck in Alaska for marten and otter.
Take the camera and keep us update.