Author Topic: Carlston Deadcoyote Choke TUBE  (Read 2478 times)

uncle buck

Carlston Deadcoyote Choke TUBE
« on: November 29, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
I have three different Deadcoyote Choke Tubes....Today I shot in my Benelli with one of them......I have done test in Win and Browning guns.....

The Deadcoyote T shot of course shoots outstanding past 45 yards with these chokes....

Remington Hevishot....# 6's and # 5's.   Wow they shoot the best patterns past 45 yards......Also learned something too....Instead of shooting at the head of the fox I need to lower the bead and aim for the legs....You do that from the side or front at 45-50 yards your going to hit the entire fox with the center of the pattern.....  Kind of made me think of me just aiming at the eyes all the time with shotguns.... Need to lower it.  Something how much of the center of the pattern really hits way above the bead of your shotgun... If your aiming right at the fox eyes much of the pattern is going over the top of it for sure when shooting at 45 - 50 yards...

My reloads.....BB and # 4 buckshot....Same thing...By aiming below the bottom of the target at 45 -50 yards resulted in more hits in the target then aiming the bead at the center of the target bullseye at 45-50 yards...

# 4 shot 3 inch Rem Nitro Express Also shot well but again........Just seeing where your pattern hits the best by your point of aim is quite the education in night time shotgunning.  Hunters are hurting themselves by doing the red on red thing and shoot for the head.....Lower your bead and shoot below the eyes and you will start to see that fox laying there when you use quality ammo and a good quality choke...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Carlston Deadcoyote Choke TUBE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:48 AM »
Thanks for that info UB.  Im not a shotgunner but I am pretty sure I am going to go that way soon.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »
Thanks for that info UB.  Im not a shotgunner but I am pretty sure I am going to go that way soon.

The way things are getting you almost have to use both....Shotgun and rifles...I have been lucky, landowners trust me an allow me to hunt in the Safety Zones.. Hence I do a lot of shotgun vs rifling....

Remember when it becomes time to buy the Deadcoyote choke...Stick with the original manufacturer  Carlston.....
I have seen Primos sale them.... Cabelas, etc etc... All mine are Carlston and They all shoot great in my shotguns..

Offline lone howler

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:39 PM »
I have three different Deadcoyote Choke Tubes....Today I shot in my Benelli with one of them......I have done test in Win and Browning guns.....

The Deadcoyote T shot of course shoots outstanding past 45 yards with these chokes....

I just seen that Deadcoyote T shot by Hevishot. What is the T shot?  and is it really worth the $35 a box of 10?

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 12:20:24 AM »
If I know that a coyote is there or I am hunting in the great Mosquito Creek hunt...that is when my shotgun has the T shot...In life you only get one chance. When it's time for a real important shot or a sure thing shot then I would use the Deadcoyote T shot...I own only two boxes of the stuff... One box in 3 inch the other in 3 1/2.

I do have Hevishot that I have started using that I have purchased on clearance.....No sense saving this stuff? Save it for what? to sit in the ammo box just in case? 

I have got my best deals on Hevishot at Wal-mart in years past...They seem to just want to get rid of their hunting items...However I have not seen them stocking it on the shelf at all...However Dunhams has and I have gotten Hevishot their on sale...maybe not at clearance price but at sale prices.  Finally Last year Dicks sporting good working with Rem was giving $5.00 rebate per box of rem Hevishot...the neat thing is the hevishot was disounted on sale to begin with and then you got the $5.00 rebate when you mailed it in....I do have some BB Hevishot that I will probably start to use on nights when you do not need a light over snow.......

So yes......I do use the expensive deadcoyote T shot and I do use hevishot...However things have to prevail before I change from regular Turkey loads.

Also Winchester now sells for $12.00 per box of 25...BB lead loads that hit hard...You can get this at the Hamburg Cabelas.....

Finally I do reload my own Nickel BB and Nickel # 4 buckshot...I was not to happy with my reload Nickel BB  however the Nickel # 4 buckshot seems to pattern real nice in the Deadcoyote choke tube...