Author Topic: Nikon Coyote Special tested  (Read 1933 times)

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
Nikon Coyote Special tested
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »
        Well I got my scopes today and headed to the range this afternoon.. I must say that I am very impressed.... I was honestly not sure what to expect as this is the first scope with no center crosshairs that I have used instead it has a very simple circle. I mounted and bore sighted the scope myself...it is a 4.5-14x40 and it is sitting on top a Winchester Coyote Light chambered in 22-250.   

I started at 100 yards, and with the third shot was hitting dead center on a 5.5" shoot n see target, and resting with the forarm on sandbags and nothing under the stock. I then shot for a group and was very happy when it shot a 45gr wimchester hp at slightly over a one inch group. I shot a total of 3-3 shot groups and the smallest was just about .85 " and the largest was 1.25"   The easiest way to line up the scope was circle to circle scope to target.... I adjusted the magnification to allow the target to fit perfectly to the scope circle. I also fired one of the three groups with the "ARD" cover on the scope and you could not even tell it was installed. I started shooting at around 5:30 pm and the range I was using was surrounded by trees so there was fading light and the "ARD" did not seem to cut the light collection of the scope in that light... but as it gets darker you can easily remove it to allow full light transmission.

This scope was designed for a 200 yrd zero The range I used tonight only allowed 100 yrds so I will be taking it and a new set of bags to a 200 yrd range soon and will post the results.... but as of right now i regretfully must say that I have no excuse for missing anything I am shooting at... so... anyone with good excuses other than the gun and scope  we need to talk...

Steve