Author Topic: CZ 223 caliber report  (Read 2181 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
CZ 223 caliber report
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:42:09 AM »
I just purchased a CZ model 527 in 223 caliber for predator hunting. Nice gun and accurate. My cost was $475 for CZ and i put a 4.5x14 power leupold scope on it. Accuracy was under an inch at 100 yards using Hornaday 55 grain bullets. The gun has a set trigger which i like. Cuts the trigger pull down to about 2LBS. Rifle weights about 5 LBS. I did not like the clip sticking out of the bottom but picked up an aftermarket clip (3shot) which makes the clip flush. Over all i think the CZ is one of the best buys on the market today for quality and accuracy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:44:40 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: CZ 223 caliber report
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »
congrats,those are nice guns fp.

im more a black gun man,some painted camo strips and im good to go.

i always liked the cz with the blonde stock,but the shine was not good for my taste and the scope has to sit up very high because of the bolt.The new remington camo model 7 is a nice choice,also,my friends son just got one and its cuttin holes.And is a youth model which my next yote rifle will be.Small and versitle.
I got a wedding tomorrow,but after that im hoping to kick some yote azz,seen a few,through binocs,stump setting.Looking across to the ridges i hunt.

Got everything charged up and ready to go,clothes been sprayed and dried with colloidal silver,calls all cleaned,and guns tuned in,you name it.

didnt catch your wyoming date,but have a safe trip and blast some fur.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:57:38 AM »
Earl, sounds like you got a sweet little gun....I really like those CZ's. When I looked at one the price was around $800 (a little too salty for my bank book especially to add a scope also)
I know one of the guys I went out with had one in .223 and with the set trigger it was awesome.
Barely had to touch the trigger for it to fire (definitely didnt bump it when it was set....lol)

R ya taking it out west with ya?
If so....we wanna see some pics of it on top of the fur  ;D
Like T/O said....good luck out there and drop em in their tracks
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
Guys buy guns through Gunsamerica.com or Gunbroker.com. It is often much cheaper. I bought mine used but like new. Yep, Cz is coing to Wyoming with me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:29:53 PM by foxpro51 »