Author Topic: good article on shotguns for predators.  (Read 2472 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
good article on shotguns for predators.
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:58:57 AM »
this guy hunts in the brush alot.  very informative.  

http://www.thenpha.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=219#Post219
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:49:19 PM by ppha »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

Re: good article on shotguns for predators.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:48:02 AM »
Outstanding info Ben...Thanks for sharing that with us......Heard  the 3 1/2 pumps kick like a mule....going to get a 3 1/2 Benelli LH semiautuomatic before the season starts...I can tell that guy knows about front sights.  Most times people go high tech with shotguns and they end up hurting themselves.... Keeping the the front sight simple means more fur!!!!!!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »
BB...I couldn't get the article..only some discussion about it.  Can you PM it to me in a word file?

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
Guy sure likes to use the 3 1/2 shotgun shells.....Never used 3 1/2 but soon I will have a gun that can use that length of shell...However I doubt if I would use it for fox....Maybe with some Deadcoyote T shot for coyotes or if I was going after geese and or turkey....Red fox.....2 3/4 in the early season is adequate...3 inch later on after they prime....