Predator Hunting > Night Hunting

Leupold VXR with firedot

<< < (2/2)

chiefz28:
I checked and the higher priced one says "motion sensor technology activates illumination".

QUATTRO:
I had the 4-12x50 vxr firedot on my 17 rem...loved it but the scope would not hold a zero..had to be returned to Ebay..seller was a loser and ultimately I had to have my money returned by Ebay since the guy refused to respond back to me. Ended up just buying a Vortex Hog Hunter with the V-Brite reticle (I own 2 others) Its not the Leupold for sure but for $350 less it does a fine job and kills animals just as dead...not like you get one less revolution on a death spin if you're scope costs more! I actually leave the dot off most times at night but never had a problem with either scope in terms of the dot showing up under a red light. I will say the crispness and intensity on the firedot was very nice. And I do believe all models have the motion sensor.

Lookn4Fur:
I have the Vortex Hog Hunter as well and would not hesitate to buy another.

QUATTRO:

--- Quote from: Lookn4Fur on February 12, 2017, 07:39:18 AM ---I have the Vortex Hog Hunter as well and would not hesitate to buy another.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you on that. A few years back I bought a Hog Hunter for my .204 and liked it that much I bought another scope in the Crossfire II line , a 3-9x50 V-Brite for my 17 Hornet. I like the uncluttered, stand alone dot of that reticle.. Both those guns are "no frills" set ups that get knocked around at night and ride in a truck for most of the season. Never once had a problem with either scope under those conditions. When I picked up a beauty of a 17 Remington last year I thought I was doing the gun an injustice by outfitting it with a "lowly" Hog Hunter so I bought a Leupold 4-12 VXR FireDot..but as explained in my original post, the scope turned out to be a defect and ultimately I got a refund. With the money back in my hand, I decided to buy another HH and basically had enough left over to buy a CoyoteLight. I am more than satisfied with that scope/light combo.

chiefz28:
Thanks for your input, now I have more options to make my decision harder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version