Predator Hunting > Predator Biology

Logic use it and your call ins will increase

<< < (2/2)

Hern:
Wyoming Valley...Plains Township...The way the warm vapor was shooting out of the hole
Probably heat escaping from an abandoned Coal Mine in that area ;D.
Logic.

Many of us don't call during the daytime
You are really missing out on day time calling UB. It's been prime time for winter day time calling the past 7 weeks. Fact not logic. The constant snow pack, harsh conditions, breeding & pairing up has been to hunters advantage.
UB, You mentioned before that you like to hunt with a full moon on snow. Daytime calling is similar, but no lights required meaning less equipment. One has to be stealthy for sure, know how to get to your stand quietly and so on.
I won't be surprised if you or your party kill a Coyote today or tomorrow while you hunt the Coyote Contest.

uncle buck:
Hern should have lit a match and held it on the vapor to see if it would ignite. Better yet take my gloveless hand and reach down that hole see if I could feel for fur.

Hern I Did call in a coyote for the group me included  (3) it was missed. 40 yard  shot with  a 10 Gauge NEF using Deadcoyote T shot. Bad weather setting in today MC hunt appears to be over for 2015.

uncle buck:
I do hunt in the daytime at times. I hunted from 2 PM  until  dark yesterday myself for coyotes.  Returned and hunted with group at late night until 7:00 AM today. They had to work day shift on Friday.

I like to do my serious Pa coyote hunting after 11:00 PM!

Hern:
Bad weather setting in today MC hunt appears to be over for 2015.
That sounds logical.
Hope you have better weather for the next contest.

uncle buck:
Yes say you were going to go after someone that was in a field... You really wouldn't run right down the field right at him.. You would probably circle him and flank him from the sides to get the jump on him.. Watch how coyotes do this to you.. You have to be fast.. They only will show themselves on your far left and or far right for about 20 seconds... hence why the Carnivore 2 light is such an asset now.. The old lights were you had to check to see if they were a deer is all they need when they hit your flank to know the dying rabbit really wasn't a dying rabbit or a pup in distress or another coyote howling.. You got to see them ASAP to confirm they are not deer and your window is real short...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version