Predator Hunting > Predator Biology

what is your opinion on this Hecs Camo????

<< < (2/4) > >>

jaspr1:
  UB....This is a photo mid 80's. I think camo is nice,I have some. I think sitting motionless is more important. This Gobbler was not impressed by any camo or lack there of..met Mr.'s H&R and quit caring... My son and my friend Dave Wolfe also in the photo . Sidebar story: Dave's Dad, "Red  Wolfe" developed the popular "Gobble Shaker" turkey call and sold those along with other types of turkey calls from his New Cumberland home. When he passed they sold everything to HS............ I used to love to hunt with this guy..he would always have a can or bottle of Pepsi with him and a Tastykake Pie...lol...sometime before daybreak if we were set up close enough I would hear....PSSSSSST...can opening and know the pie was about to be gone...I ask him "Wolfe what do you think the turkeys think when they hear that?" He would just laugh and say it was his curiousity call..I guess he was right never seemed to bother the birds.... If you want a sure fire test of camo...go crow hunting.....they will let you know, in short order, if your camo is working....JUST MY OPINION .... 8)

Pa Goosehntr:
 ;) ;) ;) Great story Paul...thanx for sharing  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brushwolf:
+1 good story

uncle buck:
Jaspr?  That can of Pepsi and that Tastycake pie wrapper must be made out of that stuff Hecs is made out of that cause your Magnetic Force to disappear!! Yep  that's what is!!

uncle buck:
I ever tell you the time I called in two red fox back to  back seconds apart by walking three to 8 steps from my vehicle because the bulb squeaker was squeaking in my winter white bibs...True story...Missed both of them yet with the  17 Rem.....The initial squeaking brought that red running right at me and then he takes off.. So I get a running shot at him...I missed of course... You'd have to be there it happened so fast.. Twilight conditions over snow.. No light needed.. So I bend down to pick up my fired  17 Rem brass. I squeaked doing that and I called in another that did the same exact thing.. We both found out at same time that I was the hunter and he was a fox and I missed him running away too... To this day I will do some serious squeaking now with the bulb squeaker in my pant pocket to lower the pitch a bit...Then I bring the bulb squeaker out and do it along my pant leg.. Back into the pant.. etc etc etc... Why I can do a seminar just on the bulb squeaker alone!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version