Author Topic: New headlamp quick review.  (Read 1886 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
New headlamp quick review.
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »

This is my new headlamp that I ordered from Nitlite.
I'm gonna start this review by saying that the predator hunter was not taken into consideration when they made this light. It is bulky, expensive and has to many flaws in my opinion.
The selling point for me was the "up to 20 hrs of use on a single charge". My last headlamp was the Sport II which was a halogen bulb and lasted up to 6 hours. This model is white LED.
Pro's=
1.tight beam
2.nice hard style hat.
3.battery hours of use from being able to use different light settings and after a strobe light warning, the ability to turn down the lamp itself to get another 1.5 - 2 hours of light.
Cons=
1.price $189+
2.battery= size and the rheostat knob turns a quarter before the light ever comes on. It also has a bright led light that stays on while the light is in use.
3.Shiny= alot of shiny parts on this product.
4.collar= the red see through collar wants the throw light back and the shape makes the filter fit loose.

I use the boondock outdoors halo shield to solve some light problems and heated the two prongs on the red filter to beld them slightly in and made the filter fit a "little" better. I wish I would have just went with a red led light like the coyote light, kill light or other like them.
FayetteNam

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New headlamp quick review.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »
Its nice to see Nite Lite trying to stay in the game.I feel sure you could switch the white led with a red one but it would void your warranty.White light might work though according to some.Its nice having the long burn time and not having to mess with batteries.