Author Topic: Hate Ticks Use Permanone aka Permithrin  (Read 3261 times)

uncle buck

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:16:12 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Hate Ticks Use Permanone aka Permithrin
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
Checked in two stores and this stuff was gone already... Nice that I keep a spare can around... I have a few cans in some of my hunting bags too.  Hoping to go for chucks soon and you just need it!!!!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:02 AM »
we have a hard time finding up here in stores, if you go to the drug store you can find a spray for lice which has the same chemicals.  we have been using it on our brush pants and coats and it works just as well.  no price difference though. 

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »
My friend Mongojo told me about using these to control ticks... You can get them at Tractor Supply.  Remember they would be the orange tags.
I know some of you might want to wear a pair of these in your ears too.. LOL  He ties one each on each of his boot shoe laces...

http://www.rfidtagstcc.com/site/1615593/product/YTGARDST
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:26:05 PM by uncle buck »

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
Could just mix your own, Theres instructions on it online you use the ortho lawn treatment with permathin in it, more concentrated, and its 1000x cheaper.
Ryan.
District 4

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
You could attach to felt scent applicators on your boots with a few drops of the Ortho to keep ticks away... If you feet drop off then discontinue use...

I do have some Bayer lawn insect killer...I'm going to have to just check it out to see if the Permithrin is in it..

Dicks Sporting Goods sells Permithrin in the camping department... 21 oz of it for about $14.50. 

uncle buck