Author Topic: Ernie Wilson Shooting Rest  (Read 3390 times)

uncle buck

Ernie Wilson Shooting Rest
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:50:21 PM »
Wow I have many shooting rest. Each one you purchase the $$$$$$$ out of pocket keeps going up...I was really impressed with Ernie Wilson shooting rest at the expo...I thought it would squeak and such..That thing is as stealth as a U. S. Navy Submarine or one of those Stealth Black Bombers the USAF has.. It only took 30 seconds to mount that gun in my hand.....Oh those poor fox if I had that machine?
However let me comment on this rest more:
Not only would it be good for predator hunting.  Wow what an excellent chuck shooting machine...
Also......I hate to go to my club and shoot in my rifles.....See when I get down to something like that I truly want things to be perfect should I run into difficulties... Sometime the rifles are shooting well but the people at the club could be acting up...That kind of throws a wrench into your serious shooting mode.. Why I was thinking....If I had this rest...I could go to any one of my farms that I hunt on with a back stop and shoot all my guns in there without people bothering me.  See sometimes I want to try 999 reloads and maybe shoot a few rifles too...Clubs can kind of hamper things like  and you end up going home without even shooting some of your guns because of all the time waiting for others at the club to do this...Why if you had a shooting rest like that you could even not join your club since you could shoot your gun anywhere you want... Also like Foxpro51...Him and his wife  shot antelope out West with his EW shooting rest... many times I will post about things that are just on my mind...This is one of them....I'm not trying to get you to buy a EW rest..I'm just commenting what I am feeling about it...

uncle buck

Re: Ernie Wilson Shooting Rest
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
It was so nice on Friday!!!I shot in my 22 WMR Marlin, 17 Fireball, 223, and  22250 using Buckwheat Ranger rest.   Wow what a tool!!!!I'm ready!!! thanks to this outstanding shooting rest that I will be using for predators.  I shot such excellent groups at 100 yards with all the calibers mentioned.  The factory round shot well and my reloads too.... Now you might say oh that your guns are good...No Buckwheat shooting rest is good!!!!What I like is that I zeroed most of the guns in with factory ammo. It was outstanding how they grouped and they all clustered in a tight group using the Ranger rest....Then when I shot the reloads they were so close to the factory ammo impact area and not left nor right of the bulls eye that I can now use the factory ammo and my reloads and still kill things well out to  300 yards... This was realized for my Encore 22250...The 17 Fireball another Encore every reload be it  25 grain-er or a 20 grain HP hit close.  So I can use the 25 grain-er Hornady and or the 20 grain HP...This will now allow me to spend time scouting public lands that I want to hunt deer, coyotes, and fox... The E. Wilson Ranger rest is one shooting and hunting tool that going to make my season outstanding like it has in other years.  Now I do have the BOG and the Primos tripods too.  However they just aren't as good as the EW Ranger!!!!By the way....The BOG  and Primos are expensive shooting tripods too. I just wanted to share my joy shooting this past Friday...You see results like this and you know if and when you call in a predator your probably going to get him!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:08 AM »
Whens the last time you seen a 880 yd hit while standing up?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj45/bigben8011/880ydshot.mp4
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:30:28 AM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
I can safely say that I would have had a large coyote the other night if I had this set up. The only thing that saved this animal was my inability to see it through my scope because of tall grass glare and the tall grass to close to my scope. I could see it standing but when I sat down with the bi pod, the grass I was in was to tall. It was a wasted opportunity.
FayetteNam

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »
Whens the last time you seen a 880 yd hit while standing up?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj45/bigben8011/880ydshot.mp4

Awesome shot, Love watching those Vapor trails

Ryan.
District 4