Everything Else > Fish & Game Receipes

Morels

<< < (3/12) > >>

Huntin 4 yotes:
I checked my area this morning and nothing yet. Had heavy rain early this morning, that might help.

Lookn4Fur:

--- Quote from: Hern on April 26, 2016, 02:08:06 PM ---Lookn4rattlers, when do you start hunting rattlers?
Reason I ask, nephew's friend was bit by a dry Copperhead last weekend. Union County.

--- End quote ---

June 11th is the official start day but the snake are in full emergence now.  Great time to look at snakes since you can not legally disturb them yet.

Lucky for him it was a dry bite.  Never heard of a dry snake.  Someone should take it some water. ;D ;D ;D

Pa Goosehntr:
 ;D ;D ;D and the intelligence spills out.. :P :P :P :P his cup runith over  :-X :-X :-X :-X

jaspr1:
 :) CEO spotted a poisonous Ribbon Snake Rattler (very rare,indeed) yesterday while taking pictures of wild violets along the river.  I should lease her for the season, she can find snakes like a beagle finds rabbits  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D It was a man killer as she vacated the area for the safety of the car and left me to deal with the serpent on my own  :o  OMG it had a jaw spread of about a 1/4 inch, could have swallowed me whole.....not to mention the venom   ::) ::) ::) ::).......... 8) OH and no Morels here yet ,I guess to dry...

Lookn4Fur:
I hope you got lucky for being so brave and saving the damsel in distress.  If guys your age are still interested in that kind of stuff? :o

I say we all pile into the short bus and pay a visit to Hern this weekend, Buckwheat is driving.  Goose can distract him over a cup of tea and lack of trapping stories and Jasper and I can borrow his morels and leeks. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version