Author Topic: Night Calling  (Read 5029 times)

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Night Calling
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
Herns deadon...Agree 100%...too much going on during daytime hours to get sets busted up...not worth it....and our deer season does nt help....but im not complaining....
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 11:34:34 AM »
Here in my county... Farms deer you have to be so careful to make sure it's a coyote.. I have called in many a deer with my calls. However many a coyote has lived to because I had to make sure it wasn't a deer too.. That ethical hunting for you and I practice it..  I could have shot them on the county roads coming to my call.. I have never done that..  Neat thing now is after going to E. Wilson lights.. Wow the coyotes are getting ID a lot faster then when I was using pop cover Nitelights and even Killlights..   Let me give you a tip.. However if your going to attach a shooting light to your SHOTGUN barrel.. use a red 100 Killlight not a Carnivore Light..  I have actually gone to just using the Carnivore headlight now to illuminate my predators. Of course I love my NEF 10 gauge.. Cabelas sells or did sell a small kit that is luminous paint and the sealer in it.. You tab the bead of your shotgun with it and the bead is now illuminated when you head light hits it..  I truly need to do that to my Benelli  SBE 11. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:39:03 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 01:11:43 PM »
That has happened to me many times myself.  You really have to be careful and positively identify your target.  I've found that whit tail deer really are curious by cotton tail distress.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »
I have one call, factory built years ago, now out of production, that I don't think I've ever called a fox on it, but have called a truck load of deer... if you listen to it compared to a fawn in distress, they are just about exactly the same...  I'm very careful about using that call in bear country, especially at night...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
This is a good topic... ever notice in New York State or in Virginia... They get their coyotes in the daytime.. In NYS sometimes they are just sitting on the side of the fields.. Not one person but like two hunters or three and the cameraman too..I do agree that if your going to call Pa in the daytime.. Stay away from the fields and hunt the heavy cover..  In Va they are sitting in the woods and also I have seen many a NYS harvest that the coyote comes to all of the pole timber to the sound. ??????????????????  I know here in Pa I have called a lot of coyotes in fields... But most of them it seems is after 11:00 PM.  Things slow down and the coyotes will come across the field or out into the field then..  I to truly need to do some serious coyote hunting after fox season I over.. Well into March and do it in the heavy mountainous woods..