Author Topic: MFK Diaphragm calls??  (Read 5237 times)

Offline j76clev2

MFK Diaphragm calls??
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »
Hello all new to the board here. Just let me start off by saying Thank you for the wealth of knowledge that flows on this board... Been reading for several months and have learned a lot in a short time frame.  I was wondering if any of you guys or gals use MFK diaphragm calls and what your thoughts are on them. I am thinking of switching from the primos dome howler i have now.  I'm in western pa and hunt mainly at night. Still have yet to put my first fur on the ground.  Thanks in advance.

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: MFK Diaphragm calls??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:53:28 AM »
I believe if you check YouTube they have some taped hunts using the MFK diaphragms.  They look really interesting.  Not trying to push a sponsor to hard, but Bees O'Brien has mouth diaphrams that are of the same quality yet cheaper.  I'm poor so I always try to find the best deal.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline j76clev2

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
Thanks for the info shadow ill check them out.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
No disrespect to Bees, he makes a solid call but I would check out Reese Outdoors.  Top of the line at a great price.  MFK's are very good but you will pay for them.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline munchie3409

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
I bought the starter combo from MFK for Christmas.  I'm not hand calling expert, but I'm digging the MFK diaphram calls.

I'm not sure why people are saying MFK are so expensive.  I paid $28 for three.

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »
Well when you take into account that with shipping MFK are around $34 and for (3) B's would be around $22.50 it sure sounds like a big savings to me.

I'm not saying it because he is a sponsor either.  I have dealt with him a couple times and each time he has been amazing to buy from.  I tout Boondock Outdoors as a great store and they aren't a sponsor, but his service is amazing.  I was involved in a thread on another forum trying to help a guy with a light.  The guy pm'd me and said thanks, but Nighteyes helped him out.  Even though I have never done business with him I will definitely recommend him based off of that fact alone.  FoxPro is also amazing customer support.  Sponsor's and business's like these need to be pushed along so they can continue to thrive.  We have some amazing people that are sponsors, but also go above and beyond with helping new pred hunters with answering questions and such.  EW has always been great with this along with many others.  (BTW I will find one of your open reed distress calls.)  I will however recommend others if I find them to fall in the same category regardless of sponsorship.  And no I have no affiliation with anyone so my opinion is mine alone. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline j76clev2

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »
Thanks again for all the info gents. It is much appreciated.