Author Topic: Calling yotes  (Read 5358 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Calling yotes
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
i have both the lone howl and lonesome howl.  i didn't know they were offered by Randy. 

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
I got a reply back from Foxpro that they discontinued these sounds because they are in the process of discontinuing all man made sounds. They said that Randy has the ability to program units and that some dealers who have the ability to program units for customers on new orders have not updated their advertised sound list to match what we have on ours yet....Rick

Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »
You can get the sound package for Foxpro callers after the FX3 right from Randy Anderson.. Here it is:

http://www.callingcoyotes.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=8&Itemid=1

I did take Randy Anderson CD  Doing Austin coyote vocalization on put it on my FX5..I did have to edit out his talking but I did get everything right down to Austin Jackrabbit done by Anderson..

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »
thanks uncle buck im not surprised u knew where to get it

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »
UB,  I ordered those sounds as we talked about at the outdoor show. I am not very happy with the quality of some of the yote sounds. I just wrote an email to them telling them of my dissatisfaction with the quality. Some of the sounds have a lot of white noise in the background...Rick
Rick Comport

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »
Wow white noise.. Hope you get your money back... You sure won't call them in with that.. Was it from the Randy Anderson web site?

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
the lone howl is different then the female yodel.  the lone howl is not offered by foxpro anymore. 

it appears niether of the howls you use are available anymore :( in your other post you say use a distress call wait and use another distress do you mean you repeat it or do use a differant distress each time you do another distress. although i dont have the same howls as you use i subsituted the best i could and gave it a try yesterday evening just got dark got to the coyote pup distress about 10sec into it the sound of something running hard down the other side of the hollow across from us starts,could see it just heard it. i hit the mute button (not sure why i did this)then it stops running my buddy sitting beside me said its standing in the bottom. so try i few squeaks nothing would give then few minutes later it moves again now we got a look at it its a small deer.it got exciting for a few minutes,thought for sure it was a coyote we were up there wednesday t do some scouting just as we steeped in to the woods we seen a coyote running up the hill where this deer came from plus lots of tracks.

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
Wow white noise.. Hope you get your money back... You sure won't call them in with that.. Was it from the Randy Anderson web site?

I sent them an email about it, waiting to hear back from them. we will see I guess.
Rick Comport