Author Topic: turkey calls for coyotes???  (Read 1560 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
turkey calls for coyotes???
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:17:59 PM »
i recently watched a knight and hale video and they kept having coyotes come in to turkey calls, is this common ? does anyone use turkey calls for yotes? and would the game commision officer believe you were huntin coyotes not turkey if he caught you?
district #1

uncle buck

Re: turkey calls for coyotes???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
As you all know the Spring Gobbler hunters harvest many a coyote when using turkey sounds...In many cases too the coyote comes right at the turkey hunter too...
There have been many times that I have considered Spring Gobbler hunting just to get a chance at a coyote..If a gobbler came in then thats good too...LOL LOL   As you know you have to use #4 shot only during Spring Gobbler season for coyotes.

Yes I think if your loaded down with predator calls..Have other electronic sounds including turkey sounds and you have a furtakers license with you then you will not have a problem...
I sure would not only go hunting in full camo with only a turkey mouth and hand call and turkey electronic sounds only... While I know and you know your hunting coyotes...The PGC personnel will look at you like your hunting turkey for sure...Remember it's his or her call when they check you out...Now you could go to court and fight it..However who needs to go through all of that...

Johnny Stewart makes and outstanding Attractor Turkey electronic caller that would work in the deep woods....Could for 50 feet of operation with the remote.. However no way would you want this on you during Spring Gobbler season for obvious reason...In Spring Gobbler you best use  100 % legal turkey and mouth and hand calls.  Now you could use a mouth and hand  predator call too.  However why would you want to do this since those Crazed Eastern Coyotes come in with butterball images in their eyes and in their brain...

Like anything some of the turkey hunter stories AI hear from them could be all BS.  However some have told me that t they had to fire point blank at an incoming coyote using a turkey sound in the Spring....
Ah now that excites me a whole lot to want me to go Gobbler hunting in the Spring but hunt the Butterball Crazed Eastern Coyote!

By theway just being a member of PPHA would be proof in your favor that your a predator hunter and not a Slob Turkey Poacher.

I do own the JS Turkey Attractor and let say? if I was going to hunt coyotes in June or prior to Gobbler season I would use that caller with confidence.

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:01 PM »
The coyote I missed the other night I was using Foxpro Turkey distress.  I was tryin somethig new after seeing that the local flock was dwindling.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
The coyote I missed the other night I was using Foxpro Turkey distress.  I was tryin somethig new after seeing that the local flock was dwindling.

i wondering when u say the other night do mean in the night night? i was wondering if anyone tried turkey calls in the dark