Author Topic: how is you guys season going?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
how is you guys season going?
« on: February 01, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
So how is you fellas season going?  we have roughly three more weekends of the season left.  I will be in search of a coyote through most of the next month or so. 

Do you guys set goals at all when you start hunting or do you just hunt?  did you get out as much as you liked too? 

my only goal this year was to get a cat.  I accomplished that and had a pretty good season myself.  I would have like to have got out hunting more with friends and family but just the way the weather weekends and other events have fell it makes it hard. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: how is you guys season going?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
So how is you fellas season going?  we have roughly three more weekends of the season left.  I will be in search of a coyote through most of the next month or so.  I will try also since I always seem to focus on fox during fur season.

Do you guys set goals at all when you start hunting or do you just hunt?  did you get out as much as you liked too?  I did and got discouraged this season and for whatever reason something always seemed to come up and prevent me from getting out as much as I needed to. Worst season to date for me.

my only goal this year was to get a cat.  I accomplished that and had a pretty good season myself.  I would have like to have got out hunting more with friends and family but just the way the weather weekends and other events have fell it makes it hard. 
FayetteNam

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
i set a goal for fox and coyote taken i reached it half way through the season, then i hit a brick wall.  i cannot get a set of eyes for anything.  will contiue hard for fox over the next three weeks then about a month for yotes and then i am done. 

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:21:18 PM »
I have learned much this season.  More so then other seasons.. I have been taking new predator hunters hunting....Seeing how they fail or just how they are having problem with my equipment made me come up with better ways to use it and such..
After each hunt I would think over OK why did this happen to them when it did not happen to me?  see I am use to the equipment I use.. However they are not and seeing how they did not use it right made me improve on my equipment.

I know that there are probably a lot of new hunters that go out and call predators right to themselves and do not even know it...

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
My season got off to a bad start. I could not get anything to respond. I was making some drastic change's trying to get something to work. Finaly I stoped and thought about it and came to find out it was the little thing's that was messing me up.

now that I have that figured out it's starting to shape up it's just to bad the season is almost over.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:25:25 PM »
It was a very good season for call ins but poor as far as harvests.Still rolling around ideas on how to improve my shot ratios.The learning never ends.I will probably let the fox alone for the rest of the season and concentrate on coyotes.Overall I consider the season a success even with some misfortune.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:22 AM »
Didn't get out as much as I would have liked, just getting lazy and addicted to coal stove...Never have a goal, except good time. Also I'm almost always, if I do go, trying to locate a coyote. I hunt sgl 170 near where I live and the critters there have heard it all. I didn't have a bobcat permit and your not allowed to hunt them in 4B anyhow but 2 Sat. ago I saw a Bobcat just west of Marysville. Saw it in a hay field at about 30yds, wasn't a monster but it was beautiful...makes up for mhrs sitting and not getting..

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
I don't have any goals although I would like to harvest my first grey fox someday and a coyote.  Did pretty good on reds but I never count or goal set...just enjoy getting out and having fun.