Author Topic: first red of '06  (Read 2651 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
first red of '06
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:44:34 AM »
went out calling this evening with my callin pardner around 8:30pm. stopped at kmart so he could get his furtakers license and off went went down to pasture he knew of three foxes hangin out there. we walk in about 400yds to the middle of the pasture at a wire fence row. he was covering one field and i was covering his back with my headlamp. he was doing the calling and after about a minute or two.....i just caught red eyes bouncing my way....my calling pardner had the spotlight so i told him there was one behind us coming in...he turned around and got him in the red light....i settled my savage 24F-12 on top of the fence post and lined up the crosshairs......15-20yds. i squeeze....CLICK!! DOH! safety is still on!!...lol.....he stopped at that sound and my buddy quickly lip squeaked as i took off the safety and he took 3 more steps towards us...BANG-FLOP.
first red of '06
....yeah...thats a club t-shirt...if ya look right under the eye-bell of the scope...you'll see the club emblem. might be my good luck charm this season...lol.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/220_Woody/101_0158.jpg
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
first red of '06
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »
Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
first red of '06
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »
good deal Woody...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
first red of '06
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
what caliber is your combo? nice fox and like the paint job