Author Topic: Should get better!!!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Should get better!!!
« on: January 04, 2010, 01:14:45 PM »
  I'm looking forward to a warm up. After a couple days of snow off and on, high winds and extreme cold temps, I have a good feeling on for the next calm 30 degree heatwave. The should be move visible as mating season nears. It seems like all the planets are set to align. Hope someone is posting some fur pics this month......
FayetteNam

uncle buck

Re: Should get better!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:30:33 PM »
Yep you would think that.. I too am hoping so too. Looks like we are going to have blustery conditons all the way into Monday......However you know if you could get into a stand of pines...The predators probably would be feeding in there since it's a wind break?????

Also yes oh about teh 20 of Jan....  The JS Grey and Red Combo and or the AKA Grey and Red Fox fight should be deadly for red fox from then until the end of the season...watch for doubles coming into your calling...Now that is the time to make sure you don't use a single shot shotgun..Semi's, side by sides, and pumps....

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:21 PM »
S.W. Pa. dosn't hold alot of Pine stands. I wish we did. I tried to get some started around 5 years ago (just for future roost sites) and the deer and rodents kept at my fences I made until they ate all the pine seedlings.

J.S. Grey and red fox fight has worked around here just about this time of year but they catch on fast. The reds won't tolerate the same sounds after a failed attempt. It will try it as soon as the weather breaks.
FayetteNam

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 03:37:38 PM »
Verminator and I will be headed out shortly,
I guess we'll try a few pine thickets with gray and red fight tonight.

Let you know what happens ;)

Offline knockhunter0311

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
HAD GOOD LUCK LAST NIGHT. I SHOT MY FIRST COYOTE LASTNIGHT. NOW I CANT WAIT TO GO TONIGHT. GOOD LUCK GUYS.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »
Congrats!!! Good luck tonight.
FayetteNam

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
Finaly, had a good night last night got 5 seen 11.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
CONGRATS knockhunter & a bolt!!!

it was pretty calm here when gearing up but the wind started to pick up as i began calling. ran the caller between gusts with cow bird distress & woodpecker distress back and forth...after the 3rd cow bird sequence i caught eyes and missed one as it stuck its nose to the FoxPro...lol...:-[. was going to go make another stand but the wind really began to pick up. shoulda taken the shotgun cause i think that 17gr pill got pushed off with the wind. oh well...if it were easy we wouldnt call it hunting. ;D

keep up the good work everyone and be safe out there!
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 11:13:37 PM »
Congrats guys.  I've haven't been able to get out since before Christmas, but I'm going out Friday morning for deer.  Going to use the guts as bait if I get one.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »
Calling for 2 to 4 more inches tonight then some lake effect tomorrow. Wife's off and I'm gonna charge my batteries and hopefully get out for a bit. :D The 14th is supposed to be 30 deg. I can't wait to get back into it. Things have been uneventful for the last month with the Holidays and weather.
FayetteNam

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 07:16:17 AM »
It's been a good week to spend more time outside than on the computer chair.
It's been a great hunting week. The canines were really moving.
Last night was a great night, until the snow started.
I don't have enough getup and go to head out this morning before work...LOL
But will be out early morning Saturday and most of the day Sunday.
Fox and Coyote have been moving all week, maybe more so than any other week of the season. Everytime I went call'n I saw eyes and had shots. Sometimes wonder where they been. Must be some hot females in the area. This weeks snow cover has been noisy for sure, but I went at it anyway.
The entended cold period coupled with the canines pair'n up made this a magic week.
If the weather does warm up (January thaw) the Coon will be move'n and one can have lots of fun call'n.

Offline DEER TAG

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:17:05 AM »
We got anther 5 inches of the white stuff on top the 2 half ft we already have on the ground . >:(
.Cant even get to most of my spots parkings a real problem  :'(

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
I went out yesterday (before the snaow started) for about 3 hours and made 6 stands. I didn't even see a fox track that I could make out. I seen a hunter in a treestand though. No fur and no tracks. They must be holed up somewhere.
FayetteNam