Author Topic: Fall smell  (Read 1524 times)

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Fall smell
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
HI everyone, Mountain Dog here. What does everyone think of the smell of the fall leaves? I have been out a few times and was not successful. Other than the rain, witch we need how can it be a bad night. The smell is great !! It brings back a lot of memorys of past times out. Even if we get wet and cold. We can"t wait till the next time so we can go out and get wet and cold and smell the fall leaves again.Get out there buddies the fall smell will soon be gone for this year. Then cold and snow nothing wrong this either.  Have a good safe hunt     Mountain Dog

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fall smell
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:06:44 PM »
Hi MD.  This is my favorite time of year.  I get out as much as possible, with or without a gun.  Good luck this season........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »
Welcome!!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »
I love it too. Walking to my stand this morning. I could smell a rutting buck. The tarsal gland smell was so strong that I could smell it at 25 yards away. Of coarse he snorted and leaped into the morning darkness. Leaves,Dirt,Rut and Fox. I live for this..
FayetteNam

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Nothing like the smell of decaying leaves to but you in the mood.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »
Nothing gets the blood flowing like the smell of fall.  To take a quote from a great movie, but changed a little.  "I love the smell fall in the morning"
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff