Author Topic: crystal ball says....  (Read 4667 times)

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: crystal ball says....
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:15 AM »
Check with the PGC and they will let you know the laws.

I did.
The regional office and our local WCO said don't do it.  They said you have to obey the boro's laws.  Guess it depends where you are.  Wasn't worth fighting about to me.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
Like I said, I don't know how it it is where you are but here it has been tested and the boro lost. I used to have a couple news paper articles referring to this subject but it was long ago and I can't find them now. It all started with deer hunters and led to other things. At one point it was a very big issue. Now guys hunt with slugs. The local police don't even bother the hunters any more.
President PPHA

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »
Def would have loved to hear the success story but it might not be over yet.  Anyone who can catch one coyote in the summer can catch 100 in the fall.  They dont seem to fall for the same tricks that they do when its cold and their bellies are empty.  Might fool the pups but the alpha male and female wont go that easy.  Sounds like a good reason to sharpen the broadheads lol

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »
Woody,

I would contact your WCO.  A friend of mine just went to court last year.  He was hunting on private property in Warminster Pa.  Someone that did not have permission to  be there called the police on him.  The police said there was no hunting allowed in Warminster.  My friend fought it through the PGC and won.  Basically the PGC said that as long as he had permission from the land owner and followed all the rules and regs of the PGC the local police authorities have no say.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff