Author Topic: Trying out a new light tonight...and what a surprise we had...  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
So my co-district 2 cordinator and I had a meeting tonight at our sportsmans club for taco night and discussions on our scouting trip this weekend and the D2 catfish tourny we plan on having in august, see fishing forum. Tony was very excited to check out this new light that he had bought from Gander mountain after we were done with our taco dinner. We had a short drive down to on of our favorite calling locations to give this light a try. We were comparing it to our 1M candlepower red lense light that we use now. The 1M candle power light def was reaching out there a lot better to the end of newly cut hay field, with corn on either side of this strip of cut hay. So i thought why not go grab my KKC backstabber from the Expo and give it a try. On my way to the truck Tony starts lip squeakin on the back of his hand for the heck of it. When I turned around Tony had the light on a red fox jumpin back into the corn. He said he had the fox at about 10 yards before it knew something was up. The whole time we were playin around with the lights we were being loud, two trucks pulled into the fields with headlights on, not really thinkin of being quiet. Now i'm callin with the backstabber, and after awhile we just started laughing cuz we got one to come in right away with the squeaks and it was so close. So we both start squeakin, and using both lights scanning the field, within 5 mins we had two more fox come in to shotgun range, so a total of 3 reds in one spot, come in to shotgun range. They looked as if they were all this years pups, but foxes non the less. We had a pretty awesome night, and we're both pretty pumped about it still. I was worried because just last weekend, I had picked up a road kill red that we found on that same farm road, but it seems there are plenty around. I believe Tony and I know exactly where we will be come the night of Oct 24th  ;D
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Trying out a new light tonight...and what a surprise we had...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
I couldnt of said it any better myself. Thought that first red was gonna run me over, just glad DJ seen it cuz he prolly wouldnt of believed it. Anyway the light was a Cyclops and I believe it would be an awesome blood trailing light not exactly sure how it will measure up when fur is on the line. I will give it a try on a full charge and post my results