Author Topic: crystal ball says....  (Read 4666 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
crystal ball says....
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »
...Woody has some coyote fur comin his way provided lady luck is on his side.

got a little coyote removal to do at a friends house(knock on wood). den 80yds behind house, 'yotes are gettin brave and coming closer & closer each week towards the house. 2 adults an 4 pups. got another den across the street from them that maybe next provided i take a few out here......should be fairly easy as the 'yotes come out in the yard while they are out too. so their fear of humans is real low. they are takin a real interest in their jack russel too....lol.

its suburban hunting so it's alittle tricky. just sighted in the 17hmr out back to make sure all is good there, 5 in a dime at 50yds. gonna try to put one in an ear. shotgun will be in my lap. hope to have pics up soon...keep yer fingers crossed. i'm excieted can't ya tell? gettin close to 6yrs since i dropped one of them mangy critters.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: crystal ball says....
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
A video would be nice Ben

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
Woody, that sounds dangerous. Maybe I should be there to back you up. My 17hmr is dead on. I'm willing to help a fellow PPHA member and protect his back from a pack of hungry coyotes. What do you say, I'm there.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »
Save them for Cresson.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:38:28 PM »
Woody let me know if you need some back up.  I'm available on Saturdays.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:36 AM »
hey good luck there D2 buddy...shoot straight...you gonna get'm all?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Wack'em Woody.  Wish you all the luck............Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

longhair

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:18:14 AM »
I still think ya ought to duct tape a video camera to the roof of the I-ZU-SKI just for insurance purposes. ;D

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
well....so much for that excietment!  >:(

turns out my friends property is still within the boro....no discharging of firearms. local police dept has their own "wildlife" police officer. they said he is supposed to come over to the property and trap out all 6 coyotes with leg holds....lol.  ;D i highly doubt that...i can see getting one...but after that i'm sure the other 5 will know the game by than. oh well...i told them to tell the cop to contact me and i'll call for him beings he's the only one permitted to discharge a firearm within the boro.

got all pumped up for nuttin...what a bummer. :-\
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »
Nothing a pop-up blind and a bow couldn't fix. Crossbow, even better.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:28:28 PM »
Woody, as long as you're not in a safety zone and you use a rim fire you might be ok. All of the borough's in Allegheny say you can't discharge a firearm also but I checked with the PGC and they told me as long as I'm legal with them I can use a rim fire. Did you call the PGC and ask them if they have any special regs in your area? I'm not sure where you're talking about but it might be worth a call.
President PPHA

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 08:59:08 PM »
If the boro law states "no discharging of firearms", it doesn't matter what the PGC says.  It's illegal.

Was looking forward to a good story Woody, that sucks.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
Sadly, Rendell wants all municipalities and boroughs to have the say as to if you can or can't use firearms in them.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
State law is a higher authority than local law. The borough I live in states you can not discharge a fire arm. Several hunters have been taken to court and each case has been thrown out. If you are legal with the game commission you have a right to hunt. The PGC limits the type of fire arm that is legal. We can only use shot gun or rim fire. A good hunting friend of mine is the local magistrate and we hunt together in the borough. There are several case examples on the internet that can be researched to verify what I'm saying. That's how it is here in Allegheny county. Check with the PGC and they will let you know the laws.
President PPHA

longhair

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 01:31:42 AM »
well....so much for that excietment!  >:(

turns out my friends property is still within the boro....no discharging of firearms. local police dept has their own "wildlife" police officer. they said he is supposed to come over to the property and trap out all 6 coyotes with leg holds....lol.  ;D i highly doubt that...i can see getting one...but after that i'm sure the other 5 will know the game by than. oh well...i told them to tell the cop to contact me and i'll call for him beings he's the only one permitted to discharge a firearm within the boro.

got all pumped up for nuttin...what a bummer. :-\

OK, now to plan "b" with the I-ZU-SKI !!!!!!!! ;D Duct tape duffman to the roof and drive slowly to an area where you can shoot. Just like the pieedpiper. ;D