Author Topic: dinner is served!!  (Read 8193 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: dinner is served!!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 08:27:51 AM »
TJ. If you know where Jackson rd is you have to go a cpl miles back. Pass McCutchen Rd and about a half mile there is a dirt rd on the left. The rd has a small sign that says "private" but there are a few camps back there. At the end of the dirt rd there are game lands. That's where I saw the cat. From Brookville take 36 north to Siegel. Turn left at Trumans store. I think that's 941. Stay on 941 to Jackson rd on the left.
President PPHA

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 12:23:45 PM »
TJ. If you know where Jackson rd is you have to go a cpl miles back. Pass McCutchen Rd and about a half mile there is a dirt rd on the left. The rd has a small sign that says "private" but there are a few camps back there. At the end of the dirt rd there are game lands. That's where I saw the cat. From Brookville take 36 north to Siegel. Turn left at Trumans store. I think that's 941. Stay on 941 to Jackson rd on the left.

I know the area pretty well, been hunting that are all my life.
We call it Frozen Toe

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »
Yep, you are right. It's frozen toe. I love that area. I used to own a camp outside of Sumerville. As a matter of fact, I will be there for Trout. I'm going to fish the iron bridge at Millcreek. Then maybe Cathers run too.
President PPHA

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »
There are mountain lions in Ohio Pyle, I was up there last Yr. for a Mock Search and Rescue drill. The park Rangers was giving us a safety briefing, and told us that there are mountain lions there and a few where cought up there.
 So why would the Pa. Game Comission keep this hidden from us??? ??? >:(
It is, What it Is.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
I don't know why they're keeping it such a big secret. They might try telling the truth. A lot of credible people have seen them but they still deny it.
President PPHA

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »
I don't know why they're keeping it such a big secret. They might try telling the truth. A lot of credible people have seen them but they still deny it.

If there are truly Mt lions in the Green Lane Resevior area and they are attacking live stock.  The PGC does not want to start a panic or have every idiot out there hunting them down.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline George Ackley

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22:18 AM »
they just must be camera shy,  good at crossing roads highways and avoiding 1 million hunters  ???
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
Gentleman...think long and hard.....why would the PGC SPEND money to release mt lions?????
Give ONE good reason?
Because you surely cant say that theyre releasing them to wipe out the deer herd...if they wanted to do that....they could MAKE money by increasing the allocated antlerless licenses or add a bonus buck tag. Almost everytime I have heard of a Mt Lion story ..it was in a bar, and of course there is never ANY real physical evidence. Never a clear close picture..even though they swear they watched in in their back yard for about 30 minutes....never thought about getting a camera and zooming in to actually see the Mt Lion....or cast any tracks......blah blah blah.....just real tired of hearing how the PGC is releasing cougars.....plain and simple...IT AINT HAPPENING.
Now are there a few possible released or escaped pets...of course there are...heck there was a Brahma bull running around on a mountain a few years ago.
Are there any WILD..MATING...REPRODUCING Cougars....I would like to see proof.
The burden isnt up to us to prove they DONT exist...its the conspiracy theorist to prove they DO exist. 

Common sense goes a long way...as for Coyote Tom.....hes a moron...plain and simple...tries to tell people that youll never kill a coyote at night.....he himself lays claim to approx 1000 Pa coyotes (yet asks other hunters for fur for his demonstrations) and also that he has located over 900 packs of coyotes within a 50 mile radius of his home. And who knows how many "bedding areas" from his deck.

Lets not forget...coyotes belly crawl past you.

Oh and a bear licked his back while a camera crew was filming him. I dont know very many hunters that take an entire camera CREW with them....yet still dont have a bear licking their back on film. 
I went to one of his FREE seminars and dang near everyone got up and left within 15 minutes.....I lasted just to watch everyone shake their head laugh at him and leave.

I will NEVER lay claim to being a professional predator hunter....but that guy is just plain moronic.   ::)
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »
L2F,

That is why I use caution when replying to this thread.  My sister that told me the story of a Mt lion near Green Lane, is bi-polar.  So, I took it with a grain of salt.  However,  with all the idiots that buy exotics that they can't care for.  Do end up releasing them at some point.  But on the other hand.  What the horse border in Green Lane saw might have been possibly been a Bob Cat.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 10:20:18 PM »
Dave....I understand...my reply isnt really to bash anyone....I just want them to take a few seconds....and use common sense.

I have a relative...called the PGC and swore there was a Mt lion in their front yard.....the WCO showed up (and this officer is a friend of mine...so boy did I get my chops busted...lol)
and tried to explain that a Mt Lion would be quite large.
There was a Bobcat that had kittens in the area (unusual to see bobcats around as well btw) and after searching could not find any prints to even determine that it was a bobcat.

Well later I spoke with the family member....only to find out, that it was a deer...in the fading light.
Now heres someone who swears up and down they know what a Mt Lion looks like....and yet mistakes a deer over a hill in the twilight for a cougar.

I believe George Ackley has a very good pic of himself holding a Mt. Lion (they are enormous compared to ANY other cat)....to be honest..anyone that has really seen a cougar in the wild....Theres no mistaking one.  I think sometimes folks get caught up in the stories and the want for a conspiracy theory that it takes over all logical thinking....but hopefully some will step back and as I ask...let common sense take over.

Again....my response is not to belittle anyone or make it into an arguement....it just gets really old when you hear story after story about a Mt Lion attack or sighting...yet on physical evidence or pictures or any proof at all

Shawn
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:04:20 AM by Lifes2fun »
THIS IS SPARTA!!

BP

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »
Now heres someone who swears up and down they know what a Mt Lion looks like....and yet mistakes a deer over a hill in the twilight for a cougar.

...to be honest..anyone that has really seen a cougar in the wold....Theres no mistaking one. 

::)
Which opinion are you going to run with?

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »
argumentative

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
I know you're trying to start an argument.  I guess I'm trying to say I agree with you.   Unless these people have proof of what they see.  They should sit back and be quite.  I say that because if they get people to panic.  All they are going to do, is have every idiot out there buying guns and shooting everything they see.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »
I agree with that,
since the subject came up, I just joined in with what a Park Ranger told us at a Safety briefing.,In Ohiopyle
I am sure he wasn't just trying to scare us. This was a Safety Briefing, From the Park Rangers. ???
 The Fayette County Sheriff Dept. is well know for its Search and Rescue Team.
 But, I do believe the nuts out there, would be shooting at every shadow.
I mean no harm, to discuss this or to cause any conflicts Ohiopyle is a large area, to hide. the subject came up, as a member I just gave some input. I sure there are people out there, that likes to tell a big story, and people to jump on the ban wagon, to keep it going.
It is what it is. if there around someone will get more proof , If not no big deal.
Just give me my Coyotes!!!!
It is, What it Is.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »
How about this. Do you believe in UFO's? A lot of credible people have seen them. Are they real? Do you have any proof they are not? Is there any proof that a Mtn lion has never visited Pa? I guess you just have to see it to believe. I think a lot of sightings, Mtn lion and/or UFO's are bogus. But, I have no proof to substantiate the fact they are not. It's all in what the individual believes.
President PPHA