Author Topic: thanks Lifes2Fun  (Read 2068 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
thanks Lifes2Fun
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »
hope you had a safe trip home....wanted to say again that i had a real good time hunting with you tonight. 5 stands and no fur is a bummer....but we had lots of eyes and you had a red fox bite your ankles on the last set-up..... ;D how many guys can say that???  :o ;D

sure was COLD tonight out there calling.....fingers are still thawing out.....yeesh! you'd think we were north of I80 or somthing....WOW was it bitter out.

looking forward to having Lookn4fur out to my place next week for some more hunting..... ;)

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: thanks Lifes2Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:09:03 AM »
Just got home bud...Thank you very much...even though no fur down, still had a blast.
I agree...its freaking cold out...I had the heat blasting in the truck 1/2 way home.

Look forward to heading out again....some nice spots btw.

Thanks Bud
Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »
thats the way it should be guys.Glad you fellows had fun,thats what its all about.And it never hurts to pick up some tips off each other.

Offline PaCoyotenut

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »
but we had lots of eyes and you had a red fox bite your ankles on the last set-up.....  how many guys can say that???   

I can't say I have ever had that happen to me.But you have peeked my interest now. An ankle biting red fox. ;D  Come on,I need more details now. Did you get a shot off at him?

*PaCoyotenut*

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
hope you had a safe trip home....wanted to say again that i had a real good time hunting with you tonight. 5 stands and no fur is a bummer....but we had lots of eyes and you had a red fox bite your ankles on the last set-up..... ;D how many guys can say that???  :o ;D

sure was COLD tonight out there calling.....fingers are still thawing out.....yeesh! you'd think we were north of I80 or somthing....WOW was it bitter out.

looking forward to having Lookn4fur out to my place next week for some more hunting..... ;)

Never had that happen to me hunting, but I had one go after my boots trapping one morning.  Thank goodness for steel toes! ;D
~mountainfox

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
put it to you this way gents.....shoulda been toting his scattergun on the last stand. had a red back-door us within spittin distance of Lifes2Fun .
he pointed out the tracks in the snow where it came up just over his right shoulder...and let out a bark. total distance of 8' maybe... ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »
if 2 of ya let one sneak in that close, someone deserved to get bit...    ;D
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...