Author Topic: Be carefull out there *update*  (Read 2551 times)

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:41:03 PM by archerobx »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Be carefull out there
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »
sounds like a act of stupidity and not positively identifying your target.  I know many bird hunters and when you hunt over someone elses dog one of the first thing they tell ya is you shoot my dog I shoot you.  I am not sure how much truth would be in that statement if it came to it but it looks like this time it was true.  most dog handlers would rather get shot then their dog if they had a choice.  looks like another hunter going after "yotes" will leave all the responsible predator callers with a black eye.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »
that boy deserved more then he got... dog had an orange vest on?... mistake, no way... he can be glad it wasn't my dog...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

longhair

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »
This wasn't to far from my house. There probably will be more to come of this. If'n I hear anything more, I'll let younz know.

Couldn't see the orange vest...........My butt !!!!!!!! >:( And this was 4 pm !!!!!!!!

longhair

Re: Be carefull out there *update*
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Talked to the new chief of police today. Told him that I would let them know when I'm out after dark. Got a thumbs up on that one.
 He also asked how I did a couple weeks ago groundhog hunting. I said I got 5, how did you know ? He said he'd seen the report on his desk. YEP........ the neighbors call everytime I pull the trigger. Told him to hold on.....it's fur season ! :o ;D

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 07:53:05 AM »
he is lucky the first bullet was not between his eyes.  the kid got off lucky.  not saying he should have got shot but like I stated before alot of dog owners consider their dog their second child and get very attached.  alot of things can happen in mere seconds and when people get caught up with emotion they usually rule.  I do not think the kid should get off at all.  he did something wrong.  maybe getting his liscence revoked for a bit could help.  I wonder if this fella posts anywhere on these boards?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:06:58 AM »
it appears there is more to this the kid was riding his quad around and just shot the dog.  he was not hunting them as far as what the article says.

http://kdka.com/local/hunter.shot.dog.2.862448.html

longhair

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »
Whatever news that you listen to they will put a different spin on it .At some point the truth will come out. But it's still a black eye for the hunters. If you use your quad and have your gun on it, you may considered in this catagory too. Frigg'n scumbag !!! >:(

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
I thought I posted this last night but I guess I didn't. 

First, since when does a basketball look like skin.  If the owner of the dog was hiking, he must have been on a well defined trail.  Where was the hunter hunting?  On the trail?

But as we know the kid was on an ATV.  The only time I've seen a dog shot was on my wifes families farm.  The dog was old and had cancer.  I don't think this ass hole thought the dog was sick or ill. 
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff