Author Topic: fishing6/23  (Read 4247 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
fishing6/23
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:47:48 AM »
 ;D BigBen  ;D some pics from Monday 17-18-19....inchers..we had a pretty good day..boated a bunch....at Marysville...using a Rebel wee crawdad...nest robber/color...very slow retrieve...if you want to go sometime give me a shout.. 8)    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s620.photobucket.com/user/jaspr/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>[/img]

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: fishing6/23
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
You didnt put in at marysville to get there did ya?  Nice fish
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »
 :D Marysville has 2 launches...1 at the end of sub-way from the square...and the other just above the Rockville bridge at the sewer plant...and....right across the river is the PFBC launch at Ft. Hunter... ;D I grew up fishing this section of the river my grandfather and then my parents owned property on N. Main St. along the river... 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »
I never knew there was a launch on the wedt shore. Just knew about ft hunter
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Me n my boss hit the susky south of harrisburg yesterday at about the worst time of day to fish. Mid day. The heat was terrible but surprisingly the fishing was good. He ended up catching 6 with some that got off when the hook was that dull i doubt you could catch your finger on the tip. I ended up with two nice fish but spent most of my time piloting the boat around with his tiller handled bow mount. Man im glad for my foot controled one on my boat

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
Bosses big fish

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 05:21:02 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Nice fish, that mid day thing is daybreak moving my wife  >:(..those fish I had were all caught between 1:45 and 4:00pm.. :P..hot.. :P.. Did you notice how nice your bass looked? Two years ago I didn't want to touch some of them for all the lesions on them.... >:( >:(...maybe they are finally getting past that.. ;D ;D...There should be good recruitment with these fish.. ;D ;D......I'm going to Raystown tomorrow for Monday and Tuesday.....hoping for a monster...lol... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 05:29:31 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D "Monster" I'm sure you meant  "Munster"  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »
  ;D ;D Your up early,must need a more comfortable seat on that ATV, ???, so you can get your Beauty sleep.. ::) :o :P :P....Did you happen to notice the BIG fish Ben and I are catching?  ;D I know... ;)...to busy.. :(..cutting/hauling firewood... >:(....lol..... 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »
Good luck with raystown. That place has been a pain to catch bass. Lakes in general is a problem for me. Yesterday we were down by goose at chambersburg resivior. Had two big ones hooked on jigs.  As much as i hate braid im gonna have to change its costing me fish

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 07:37:16 AM »
Yea i noticed the bass are looking nice. Not all beat up

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( There you go BB polluting my drinking water by making fish poop when you hook them  :P :P :P :P There at Long Pine, they put in some pike or muskies several years back....maybe you snagged into one off them?? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »
We might have peed in the water as well.  :o.

Jaspr dad and i fished right below your honey holes today at the i81 bridge. I ended up with a 18" and a dink 12" smallie and dad got a 14" smallie. River is still stained but hopefully his week it will clear up.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 05:11:07 AM »
 :D...Ben, I switched to 15lb ProLine braid this season....I put about 30 to 36 inches of 5 to 15 lb monfilament for a leader preferring not to tie directly to the braid...makes it simpler to change out lures.....Did you try at the Rockville bridge? Any place along there is good but Ft. Hunter side is better for the bridge itself and anywhere along the back of the riffles is good all the way across....rumor has it there are some Muskies below those piers where you were fishing.... ;D...... 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
I used a 8' section of floro on the end of the braid.

We didnt try to go above the stone ledge we went downstream mostly