Author Topic: ICE FISHING......Brrrrrrr....  (Read 7093 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
ICE FISHING......Brrrrrrr....
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:13:16 AM »
 ;D 1st time ever.. :o..these are the people that escaped and didn't get caught again... ::) ::)...seriously.. ???..stood on the ice for 6.5 hrs.. :(..got 1, 5inch crappie.. :)....got the pep talk...when their biting you can catch a 100 fish... ??? ???....we'll call you when we go again.. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...lol.... 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: ICE FISHING......Brrrrrrr....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:06:17 AM »
Find a farm pond and have fun. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
Jaspr1 ,should have took your gun an call along,them critters love runnin the ice.. ;D ;D ;D You could of had fish an fer. :o
Skin that one pilgrim and I'll fetch ya another!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Is that anything like "The Cove Surf and Turf"?? Chipmunk and stone rollers???  ::) ::)  :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »
My girlfriend called me all excited yesterday telling me someone was on a farm pond with a truck.......it was through the ice ass up.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »
 ;D ;D Tell her that  wasn't a truck  ;) it was a Goose with it's head stuck through a hole in the ice looking for fish  ::) ::)    ;D 5 gallon bucket of Chipmunk wings and Yuengling Lager  ;D game day fixin's.. 8)

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »
He must be a large man :P :P :P :P :P :P When he orders wings he orders the whole chicken coop. ;D ;D
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:32:31 PM »
Whatcha talkin about boy??? >:( >:( >:( wheelbarrow orders only!!  :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
;D ;D Tell her that  wasn't a truck  ;) it was a Goose with it's head stuck through a hole in the ice looking for fish  ::) ::)    ;D 5 gallon bucket of Chipmunk wings and Yuengling Lager  ;D game day fixin's.. 8)

Now that's funny!! ;D

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »
 ;D Went again  :D I might be hooked  ;) 3 trout 5 perch 5 bluegills  ;D ;D ;D wasn't nearly as cold..sun and 22 degree's... 8)

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time,it's always a little more fun when it's warmer.How big were your trout?

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 05:28:24 AM »
 :) 10-12 inches my friend got a 15 inch brown  ;D the others were rainbow's  :)....He caught his limit and lost a nice one  >:(  I was the guide since I knew lake from warm weather fishing  :) Last Sunday I went to a fishing flea market, down near Dillsburg and bought my 1st ice fishing rod.. :)  Yesterday my buddy shows up with his usual gear,sled,sonar,etc....and a 5 gal. bucket with seat top,2 rods & reels,bucket buddy rod holder, and stuff in the bucket... ???....Here this is for you... :o my daughter says you need a starter set  ::) and she's going away to college and says she wants you to have it.... :D....I guess I am now officially a rookie ice fisherman.. 8)..and she's going to get a surprise card in the mail....2 can play that game.. ;) ;)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »
 :( :( :( :( Mercy....done coned a girl out of her ice fishing equipment :P :P :P and I bet you didn't hafta try very hard  ::) ::)....I'm thinking the young lady is very wise  8) 8) 8) she is not dumb enough to sit on ice for a couple of fish  ??? ??? ??? I can hear her now saying..."you go Grasshopper and catch lotsa fish, freeze hinny off in process"..."foolish old men"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D and who says you can't kick an olde dog when he's down, and he even thinks he got a heck of a deal!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Jaspr1...I almost took a pic and forwarded it to you, but then I thought I'd cut you a break  ??? ??? ??? My wife and I walked the Ice Fest in C-burg this morning and there was a sculptured fish of ice.. ;D ;D ;D well you know me my first thought was Jaspr1 and Ice Fishing  ;) ;) ;)  8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »
Looks like the weather should be pretty good tomorrow to do some fishin an not freeze yer but off.Jaspr1 we will expect some pics :o ;D ;D