Author Topic: apple pie  (Read 3886 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
apple pie
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
I promised a few at the expo I would post this recipe.  Sorry it took so long.

1 gallon of apple juice (i get the no sugar added stuff from walmart because its cheap)
1 cup of sugar
4 packs of apple cider mix
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup of everclear or 3 cups of vodka

Bring to boil the gallon of apple juice and dry ingriedients along with the cinnamon sticks. 

boil for 20 minutes. 

at 20 minutes pour liquid into jug and chill. 

add everclear after cool.  do not add while hot.  shake and serve cold.  should taste like apple pie. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: apple pie
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:33:11 PM »
Thanks, I am going to try and make some for camp. The guys in camp will think I am talking about real apple pie.  ;D
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

Re: apple pie
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »
I remember when I was in the Coast Guard and in California.  My friend in the CG who lived in California asked me to go home with him on the weekend for a home cooked meal etc.. I met his friends... This one friend just was not to swift up in the brain... He was telling us that he got so drunk on Apricot Brandy that when he started to vomit he was throwing up Apricots..  Of course that struck me funny.. Guy drinks Apricot Brandy and says that he was so bad off that he was even vomiting apricots.  The Apple Pie hooch just kind of gave me a flash back of days gone by..Of course I know that if one would bring up this particular Apple Pie it would be liquid juice. LOL LOL LOL Thanks for the flash back...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:01:42 PM by uncle buck »