Author Topic: Anticipation  (Read 4713 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Anticipation
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:10:43 AM »
 ;D Sitting here like a little kid  ;) waiting for 1st light.  ;D Went yesterday with my friend and his daughter and observed the young lady (10) making sets to catch her 1st flat tail muskrat on steroids  ::) She did it all except the setting of the 330  :P which this old guy isn't going to play with either  :( :( Picked the spots made the castor mounds,etc.. froze her feet, just like her Uncle Paul.. :o...lol...Anyway we are all going momentarily, my camera will be in hand  ;D ;D... while waiting for dear old Dad to catch up  >:( we had a wow moment  :) crouched down in the swamp grass, we had a beaver swim by us at close range,awesome!  ;D ;D.....We finished off the morning with a few Dp's and a mink set. Missy dropped her glove in the creek and Dad was frowning upon her... ;D..I told her no worries  ;) all trappers drop their gloves and sometimes themselves in the crick  :P :P the original polar bear club.. :'( :'( :'(........... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Anticipation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:36:37 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) I'm hopeful she has success as you will be the head driver of flat tails for her now  :o :o :o fall-in the crick  :-[ :-[ :-[ yep!! several times, even through ice that I thought was thick enough  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 07:28:13 AM »
 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 09:07:15 AM »
Now that's what it's all about ....  Making memories.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D We are back   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Two #330 sets and WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! "2" Beavers  ;D ;D ;D ;D On the way in Dad said "No Shouting" if we have 1......I said OK  ::) but he was talking to his daughter... ;)...who just laughed............I said  to her "I wanted to shout"  :D :D 1st beavers I ever was about, seemed like shouting time to me  ;D ;D ;D............anyway I will get a pic on here soon..... 8)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
Awesome!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) WOW!! That's bragging rights for a 10 year old for sure  :o :o :o And I know Paul is wetting himself just being there  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ OK, Guess I'll hafta go out and put some rat traps out again..... :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D.... Day 2...Beaver #3... ;D ;D...another 40lb+...I felt like shouting  ::) again, but held it in  :-X :-X..... ;D Someone is mighty happy  ;D ;D the real deal  :) remade castor mounds  and pulled the beaver out on a sled  ;D all by herself  ;D ;D.............HEY GOOSE... :P...this 10yr old is making us look BAD.... :P :P :P :P.......just sayin... :'( :'( :'(...... 8)   

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »
AWEASOME !!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »
Her smile tells the whole story. Congrats little lady!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Well I hope the next check she connects again with a double and hitches you to the sled to pull them out  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That is awesome!! Congrats young lady!!!  :o :o :o :o Now teach Paul how to do it!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Beautiful!  Absolutely Beautiful!  Happy New Year to the Young Lady and her Dad.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 06:58:38 AM »
 ;D I can't go today  :( :( :(  Goose I can't pull the sled  :P :P :P I'm the Official "Sage" that goes along and makes a pest of himself and keeps little "Peanut" giggling  ;) when Dad is trying to be serious.... >:( >:(...Here's another pic from yesterday with "Peanut" on point Dad in the middle trying to make us behave  >:( >:( >:( and me on the drag...lol.... a good time was had by at least 2... :D :D :D :D Not sure about Dad  :-\ :-\  pretty sure Beaver was wishing he was somewhere else  ::)................. 8)   

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 08:15:21 AM »
Thats Great.  Congratulations to all involved.  I remember my first two.  Leglifter showed me the ropes and I will never forget it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 12:06:13 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(  Momma wouldn't let you out to play today, HuH??  :P :P :P :P Well give us a report as soon as you hear from her  ;D ;D ;D ;D Now get those honey-doos done so you can go out and play tomorrow  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member