Author Topic: Spring beaver  (Read 1966 times)

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Spring beaver
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »
Decided I was going to try and get a few more beaver before the season ends. Got these  today.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:29:54 PM by CoyoteJeff »
PPHA District 3

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Spring beaver
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
Got this yesterday.
PPHA District 3

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
haha nice work jeff...I wonder how much that snapper felt that 330? they're good eatin, hope you kept'm...what you doing for sets...castor mounds...blind sets...?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »
Nice.  My beaver guide stood me up this year. >:(
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
The one I got in a castor set the other in a trail set.  I put out 3 trail sets and 2 castor sets . The snapper I let go.

Tim If you want to and can make it before the season end you can come up here and try for one. The dam has lots of good sign with a total of 4 huts one in each dam. But I think the one may be a old hut
Since posting the pics I weighed both one went 38 lbs and the other was 36 lbs. Hoping to still get one over 50lbs don't think it has been trapped in awhile.
PPHA District 3