Author Topic: Mosquito Creek Coyote Hunt  (Read 26075 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Mosquito Creek Coyote Hunt
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
yup, ok that was it, a foggy rainy night if I remember correctly.. was a long ride up there from Lancaster county...

Herder Springs, wonder if anyone's been hunting that area, there was a lot of good looking territory up around there...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

uncle buck

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 08:15:36 PM »
Last time I hunted there was during the hunt... There are many black coyotes in that area... So hard to walk the logging trails in by the Game Lands... if I had to do that again I'd probably wait maybe an hour before I started calling or get up in a tree stand. there was a large field at the top of the mountain that would have been great to ambush a coyote..  I hunted that area about 3 times for coyotes.. Also hunted deer there a few times too...

uncle buck

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
The Ruffed grouse hunting was outstanding all in that area too.. Both the Clearfield and the Centre county locations There is a place called something like PENN 5 near Spike Island... Now that was good for ruffed grouse and deer..Could have been Penn 2.. I know it was Penn something and the land was owned by the coal companies..

uncle buck

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
Wow the Mosquito Creek Assoc has still not posted the results of all the coyotes harvested in the 2015 hunt.. Link says that they have to give the three people polygraph test first and that will be done at a later date... Interesting?????

Offline karpzilla

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »
The polygraph test was given the day of the hunt.

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
I'm not 100% but I don't think they posted last years list yet. I see 2013 list but no 2014. I'm surprised they have the top winners posted After trying to look at the list in the past years   
Home D-5
Camp D-3