Author Topic: State wide hunt  (Read 11394 times)

BP

Re: State wide hunt
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »
Western PA is just naturally more cool.  Just compare NFL teams.

longhair

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
Foxpro51, I've been trying. I drove around for 2 hours yesterday trying to gain access to new places. There is a couple of people that are supposed to get back to me. No landowners were home yesterday,so I gave my info to their wives. Alot of great places if they call. I will surely PM you if I gain access.

P77, Now isn't the time to get your foot in the door to gain access. Start in the spring and work your way from there. Shoot'n GH's on a work'n farm is a good start.

I'll bet ya that the owner isn't the only one hunt'n THAT property. Check the fringes when sceeter creek is on and you may be suprised. Matter of fact, if ya see some hunters, look for some knarly little thickets the opposite direction. That's probably what a yote would do. Don't ya think ?? ;)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 08:02:30 PM »
I keep seeing how you and foxpro51 keep saying how this hunt is lopsided.  this is a fun hunt.  a little friendly competition nothing for money.  the original idea was to get out and hunt within your districe.  not get a hold of your hunting buddy and hunt like you allways do.  I have been hunting a total of 4 times this year and each time I was with a new predator hunter or someone I do not regularly hunt with.  you foxpro51 seem to be taking this hunt too seriously.  I will make it a point to be out hunting all weekend no matter how bad the weather is.  the last two years I have not really hunted hard.  I normally hunted with a new hunter or another ppha member.  you just made yourself a target bubba. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 08:44:28 PM »
what do you mean picking on a sissy.  I never ever called him that.  I just think he does not and still does not understand the point of this hunt.  it was more of a comraderie thing rather then a I am better then you thing.  if he wants it to be that way I will try my best to challange him.  if he wants to do a fun thing then I aplaud him for it.  just to let you know district 4 was not talking smack I was.  mainly to prove a point.  I made a I think four posts I think about this hunt.  one to poke george in the ribs.  one to correct someone the one above and then this one.  I might have forgot one.  you provoked more then others.  have fun ernie. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 08:45:57 PM »
I just like to hunt. Yes, i would love to win in competition but its not that important to me at my age. To tell you the truth i like seeing the younger kids win. Keeps em out of trouble.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »
SWARTER, I am not sure why this certain property owner is doing this and I don't know what contest he is in but I'm starting to feel like your calling me a liar. This guys name is William Elliott 724 326-8880 (it's in the book not an unlisted number) call him and ask him why. That's what he told me. He lets people deer hunt the place to death so it's not like he dosen't let people hunt at all and even last year I hunted fox there with his permission (unsuccessful). His family owns a couple hundred acres of farmland. I asked the guy and he said no, cause fox hunters scare his coyotes and he wants to win a contest. I can understand if coyotes were a problem and there was a bounty on them but people go their whole lives never seeing a coyotes in Pa. Going hunting is the prize. Enough said on this. Call him to get your answers.
Predator77,
I am not calling you a liar.  I'm just trying to say there are alot of contests going on this time of year for money.  These contests have little prizes and some have some very generous prizes to be won.  And most likeley this is why property owners are saying no to predator hunters because they are trying to cash in on the prizes themselves.  That is all I'm trying to say.  Trust me that is what I'm facing in the Bucks county area.  The other thing I'm seeing is that the older farmers that are retired and can't hunt deer any more are hunting coyotes from their porches or hay lofts in the barns.  Another reason its hard to get permission to hunt in my area is because the property owners are affraid they are going to be sued if the hunter gets hurt on their property.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »
Swarter 2, I thought the game commission has a rule against that? You can't sue a landowner?

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
Actually, as an individual hunting on a property with or without permission.  You can sue a landowner if you can get hurt on their property.  Now, as it goes from the PGC, if a hunter hunting on private property, injures, wounds or even kills someone beyond the sight of the target.  The hunter is held liable not the property owner.  There should be something about on the PGC websight.  There was an incident in Lehigh Co.  where a hunter shot at a deer, the bullet went down range and struck a pregnant lady in her drive way.  Don't remember if she lost the baby or not.  But she tried to sue the land owner and the hunter.  Long story short, only the hunter ended up being held acountable.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »
THEY SHOULD CHANGE THAT LAW. If a hunter hunts on someones property and gets permission and hurts himself the farmer should NOT BE RESPONSIBLE. A law like that will open up more property. Futhermore, If a hunter could give a farmer a card stating that it will open hunting big time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:01:29 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
It falls under the personal property laws.  I have met with the attorney of the property owner where I hunt to sign papers to be able to hunt there.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
District 2

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:22 AM »
Foxpro51, I've been trying. I drove around for 2 hours yesterday trying to gain access to new places. There is a couple of people that are supposed to get back to me. No landowners were home yesterday,so I gave my info to their wives. Alot of great places if they call. I will surely PM you if I gain access.

P77, Now isn't the time to get your foot in the door to gain access. Start in the spring and work your way from there. Shoot'n GH's on a work'n farm is a good start.

I'll bet ya that the owner isn't the only one hunt'n THAT property. Check the fringes when sceeter creek is on and you may be suprised. Matter of fact, if ya see some hunters, look for some knarly little thickets the opposite direction. That's probably what a yote would do. Don't ya think ?? ;)
I think you are 100% right but I come from a long line of stubborn Hungarians,lol. Seriously, Alot of these properties are corn fields and to tell you the truth I'm not a big ground hog hunter. I do it but but I'm not that crazy about bugs and snakes. I understand what your saying though. Maybe I'll have to get more involved in helping a farmer save a tractor to be able to hunt later.
FayetteNam

longhair

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »
The only thing I ask in return is that I be premitted to use my quad. In return for that permission I help them in any way that i can. Like if a fence is down, hearding cattle, policing the farm, or just pick'n up some trash. Not to mention the GH's.
When the property owners/farmers see this and you have proven yourself to them, it may and usaully does, get you free roam on their land.

BTW~heard'n cattle......I've learned,the hard way, to take all the hunt'n stuff off the quad first. The quad and myself are sometimes covered in cow chit when I'm done.Heck, a couple of times my wife had to hose me down too !!!!! :P

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »
Geesh,not certin i want to join this club.
One fellow wants to use a quad for this hunt.
One a silencer.
Can i use grenades? ;D
Guess im in the dark ages when it comes to predator hunting.lol

longhair

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 03:03:50 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna need a trailer for my quad. Maybe mount a recliner on the trailer for TO. ;D